1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade FS: EDEN VT300A - NEAR MINT, All tube w/ custom case and cover

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassbuddha, Mar 3, 2013.

1. bassbuddha

bassbuddha Gold Supporting Member

PLEASE NOTE:

Talkbass Community~

I hope everyone is well this holiday season. I’m bumping this and a number of listings after being away from TB for almost a year. If anyone had reached out to me regarding any of the gear I have for sale and I wasn’t able to respond, I sincerely apologize. It’s been a tough year of some very trying personal and professional hardships, and in order to best take care of myself, I simply needed some time away. On a brighter note, things have stabilized, and are generally on the up and up. If you have any questions about anything I have listed, please let me know. I should be able to respond to inquiries quickly and I can usually ship within the next business day. Given the circumstances, I’m also happy to provide references if interested buyers would like them. I would likely expect nothing less if the situation were reversed.

Again, my apologies for any lapses in communication and any inconvenience it might have caused.

Happy holidays!!!

ORIGINAL POST:
    Greetings TB! I’m clearing out a TREMENDOUS amount of gear after collecting far too much over the last 8 years. Please see other items as well.

Up for sale here is an Eden Electronics VT300A all tube 300 watt amplifier. Features include 300 watts @ 4 or 8 ohms, 4 band tone controls, overdrive, selectable damping, compression with bypass, available with 6 x 6550 power tubes. TS and NL-4 output connections. International voltage selection. Classic vacuum tube sound. Weight w/o case is 40 lbs. Includes footswitch, custom 3 space tolex head case, and Studio Slips heavy duty cordura clamshell cover with front pocket and leather strips on the bottom.

The amp sounds fantastic and can cop a variety of tones from hi-fi to warm and wooly. It is in near mint condition, with only some faint, minor scratches on part of the faceplate that angles back above the tone controls. I've touched them up with a Sharpie and they are essentially invisible and impossible to photograph. The case and cover are immaculate. If you research these amps, you will find that there have been some issues with the amp cutting out when the footswitch is connected. However, my tech (Yontz Secure at Mad Science Works) has solved this by replacing the footswitch cable with top quality cable and also installing mini switches on the rear of the amp to control compressor and damping features, independent of the footswitch. To my understanding, the amp was designed by Koch for Eden, and is similar to the Sadowsky SA-200, which is also their design. I acquired the amp from the legendary Tom Bowlus and have had it for about four years. It is a wonderful amp with great tonal flexibility and more portability than any tube amp in it's class. The only reason I am selling is that I'm scaling back and I also have a B15 Heritage and an Aguilar DB680/728, so this is just overkill.

Tom Bowlus' review of the VT300A:
    Eden VT-300A versus SVT (intial impression)

Info about the Rackmount Concepts: http://rackmountconcepts.tripod.com/rmcpage.htm

Info about Studio Slips:
    Custom Covers and Bags by Studio Slips

Price is $1200 shipped and insured, via Fed Ex, to anywhere in the continental US. Shipping to AK, HI, or Canada is a possibility, but please contact me for rates. Sorry, no other foreign transactions. Paypal accepted. I am considering a few trades below and would be willing to do gear + cash either way, but please, nothing else if it's not included on this list. I have more gear than I know what to do with and absolutely have to clear some stuff out.

ONLY TRADE CONSIDERATIONS!!!!:

Nash Basses

Fodera Basses

Fender Custom Shop Pino P Bass or Jaco Tribute Jazz Bass

Hofner Basses – German only!!!

Ampeg V4B

Ampeg SVT Heritage

Glockenklang Blue Sky

EV RE20

Sennheiser MD421

API 550b

Millennia Media HV-35

IMG_4562.JPG IMG_4566.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4571.JPG

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Jones64, Kristjankisi and tombowlus like this.
  2. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    PM'd

3. bassbuddha

Successful brain surgery bump. I'm at home recovering and able to answer any questions, but won't be able to ship for a week or two; thanks for understanding and all the support from the TB community.

elkkid2 likes this.
  4. musicianary

musicianary

Jun 23, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Prayers going up for a quick recovery!

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2003
    NY, County of Orange
    Bump for speedy recovery. Blessings brother.

krimo likes this.
  6. bassbuddha

Sleeping off my pain meds bump. Some serious interest, but the amp is currently still available. I've secured some assistance here at home and can ship fairly quickly for a committed buyer. PM if interested.

7. bassbuddha

Gratitude for health bump and a few more possible trade considerations.

Lull Thunderbird
    Strymon Mobius
    MXR Bass Overdrive
    MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
    Boss OC-2
    MXR Bass Envelope Filter
    MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe

Reasonable cash offers also considered.

8. paradog

paradog

Dec 25, 2011
    Central NJ
    Hurray for the successful surgery and a fruitful recovery!

jumbodbassman likes this.
  9. bassbuddha

Back from the dead bump. Reasonable offers considered.

10. lowbassgroove

lowbassgroove

Jan 17, 2008
    Reston, VA
    I am highly tempted.

11. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Weight?

12. bassbuddha

40 lbs. sans case. A bit more with the custom rack..

13. bassbuddha

Back to the top. Reasonable offers considered, including other trades, but please be warned, I'm quite picky about the latter. : )

14. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    PM'ed.

15. bassbuddha

Bump.

16. bassbuddha

Bringing this one back to the top after a few years. Revised, info with footswitch repair and added switches. New pics are here. PM for any other info.

17. bassbuddha

Bump it up. Sorry for any delays in correspondence. Had some family medical issues this last week.

18. bassbuddha

Happy holidays bump!!!!

19. bassbuddha

Back to TB after almost a year bump.

20. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    damn. forgot about these