FS: EHX Enigma QBalls

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by OhulahanBass, Mar 31, 2014.

1. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Good condition, works perfectly. Sounds like my Mutron but is much more flexible.

$110 Shipped 48 states only.

Will read offers but cash is king.

2. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Really?

3. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Can't help it, I'm a slut and I already have a Mutron... Just got another Octavius.

Already thinking of Bass Whammy and the new Pigtronix Echo box. We might be coming home to Denver Jan 2014. I got to get a fresh board before I get Lo'down on the Mothership play'n again.

4. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Jan 2014? Do you mean June 2014?

You need to return earlier, like May 31st. Bootsy, Cameo, Lakeside, SOS Band and the Time is in concert downtown Civic Center Park.

5. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Nope I'm stupid. I meant Jan 2015 at the latest. I'm checking out the Civic show now.

6. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Free bump for the most underrated filter on talkbass

7. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Thanks, it is a bomb pedal and silly under rated. I really can get it to sound almost exactly like my Mutron III which makes since due to the designer.

If you donate $150 to my non profit to help us finalize funding and show me the receipt it is also yours. (Sorry if this is against the rules, I checked briefly and it doesn't look to be in violation)

To Donate:
    http://www.ewb-brp.org/

Be sure to reserve the pedal before you do though. You'll get a pedal, help bring clean water to over 1000 african villagers and a tax deductible.

8. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Trade PM sent

9. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Bump

10. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    ^100% this! It gets closer to the original Mu-Tron III than any other modern filter I've tried, and it truly is "silly under rated." I find it easy to dial in, and it goes well beyond just Mu-Tron tones. I already have a Qballs, otherwise I'd all over this!

Come to think of it...2 Enigmas in series...one sweeping up, the other down...one with distortion and one without...playing around with the blend...hmmm...

11. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    ^Or in parallel with same envelops but different frequency cutoff to add some width, similar to the spacing control on the Moog Voyeger....

12. FilterFunk

Mar 31, 2010
    Exactly! I don't think enough people get how the Start/Stop knobs give a tremendous amount of control over the frequency. And the dist/fuzz gives the filter some solid, vintage analog synth tones instead of the overly squelchy, phasery, or way-too-over-the-top sounds you hear from a lot of fuzz-filter combos.

13. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Bump, I'll take $105.

14. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    No longer for sale. I think it would be a waste of money when I decide next year that I should have kept it and buy another.

If you want one I strongly suggest it!

15. FilterFunk

Mar 31, 2010
    Good for you! Get the dist trim pot modded to the outside. Analogman did it for me for $50 + shipping both ways. SOOOOO worth it!:hyper:

I'm thinking of looking into having mine also modded with a volume knob and a phase invert switch (even though most Blend settings sound great), thereby making it my absolute ultimate filter.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021