Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Elrick Classic 5 Singlecut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by C-5KO, Sep 1, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Asking $1850 + shipping w/ gig bag + new set of Zon strings.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I've found that a 5 string isn't for me. The tone on this Elrick is one of the best I've heard. Very punchy. Almost bolt-on'ish. Great mids, and buttery bass!

This bass was previously owned by Jokerjkny.

Taken from Joker's for sale thread of the Elrick:

Specs

- neck thru construction
    - figured walnut top and matching headstock
    - swamp ash wings
    - maple neck and body block
    - macassar ebony fingerboard
    - 35" scale
    - 24 fret
    - zero fret
    - Bartolini humcancelling J pickups
    - Bartolini 3 band onboard pre w/ variable mids selector

tonally, is one of the more growly fat basses i've used, and yet has a smooth sweet top end. nothing too aggressive about it, but has tons o' punch for a neck thru. and it has one of THE best low B's i've ever heard. also, is the single lightest bass i've ever owned. weighs about as much as my '56 relic strat!

bass was my main gigging bass for 3 yrs., before my current sadowsky. and has been babied to no end. not a mark, scratch, dent to speak of. doesnt have strap buttons, so i'll include my brown strap with dunlop strap locks.

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Back up for Sale WITH PRICE DROP!!!!!!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's a great price! I wish I had the spare dough :(

4. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    That's okay... this one looks like it has a home!

ON HOLD... actually pretty much SOLD until all the details are hammered out.

You did miss out on a six string El neckthru that went in about 45min this afternoon. The first time since I've been at TB and seen 3 Elricks for sale on the same screen.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, they must have deleted the thread already. I wonder who it belonged to.

I saw gruuv's for sale as well.

6. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I forgot his name already. But I hadn't seen it around in the Elrick circle. There weren't any pictures either. The description was neckthru 6 with flamed or figured top, i forget which. On a side note, did you get a chance to check out any of the Frisell yet?

BASS IS SOLD!