Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Elrick Gold Standard 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Eggman, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Selling a wonderful Elrick GS 5.

Bass features: Ash body, maple neck, bubinga board. OHSC (TKL w/ Elrick logo) Less than 9 lbs. This bass plays phenominally and sounds incredible. Strapped on it is like not even wearing anything at all and balances perfectly. Very good condition - a couple of minor body dings - hard to photograph - no dings on neck. Low action and no fret-buzz. Low playing time. New January 2004. Bartolini NTMB preamp and p-ups with the usual Elrick touches: Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, Panner, 3-way mid selector switch, Active/Passive switch. Recessed staplocks.

Looking for $1350 - shipped UPS ground to lower 48.

I could be tempted to trade for a quality 5 string fretless.

Here's a link to more photos:
    http://homepage.mac.com/billeggert/PhotoAlbum1.html

Attached Files:

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Bump for the picture link I just added - above! :bassist:

3. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Just a bump....

4. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I was wanting to drop the weight of my bass (I have a Q5) and wondered if you are still selling your bass. Why are you parting with it?

5. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Yes - still available. This bass is very light - haven't weighed it but it has to be closer to 8 lbs than 9.

Parting with it as I have one too many five strings. This is a great bass - I have no issues with it. Great sound and playability. Had to pick straws as to which bass to sell - this one lost!

6. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    With whom did the bass originate? You can PM me. I just want to know if it's been on a truck more than it's been played.

7. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Just a thought - since we are bass players - should we not call a "bump" a "thump"?

Elrick is still for sale.

Thump

8. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Post-Easter thump.

9. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Please don't make me put this great bass on eBay!!!!

-bump

10. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Sold on eBay today.

Thanks