1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Elrick New Jazz Standard NJS5 Exotic Spalted Maple Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thomasjbass, Aug 23, 2012.

1. This is a wonderfully made Rob Elrick Gold New Jazz Standard 5-String bass. This bass is very well made, masterfully crafted and plays like a complete dream. This is one of the better New Jazz Standards that I have owned out of the 5 that I have owned. The action is setup low without any issues of buzzing or intonation. In addition, this one has one of the most unique tops I have ever seen especially in this model, and it has a matching headstock to boot. For those of your unfamiliar with the Elrick NJS series, these are very versatile jazz basses that sound and play very well. My asking price on this bass is [DEL]$2050[/DEL] $1975$ + Shipping in CONUS.

Bass Specifications:
    Gold New Jazz Standard 5 String
    Body Wood: Alder
    Body Top: Spalted Maple Burl
    Neck Wood: Maple
    Fretboard: Wenge
    Pickups: Bartolini Jazz
    Preamp: Bartolini NTMB-918F
    Scale: 35"
    Weight: 8lbs

Eye Candy:

IMG_4405.

IMG_4406.

IMG_4407.

IMG_4408.

IMG_4410.

IMG_4411.

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Wow, if that was a 34" scale it would be on it's way to me now. Absolutely beautiful bass! GLWTS........

3. Thank you my friend~ This bass really is the nicest NJS I have played, just gotta make room for baby toys! Someone will be very happy with this one!

4. Wow, awesome! Any trades on this one?

5. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    that there looks like sex on a stick.....wow.

6. Really looking for a sale mostly, but as far as trades are concerned...PM details. I'll take a look.

7. TGIF Bump.

8. Also, might consider a trade for the right model Breitling watch. I know its an odd request, but if you have one with all certificates and box in mint condition please feel free to throw it my way.

9. Bump.

10. What a beauty. This matches my Elrick Platinum SC. If I wasn't selling my SC I would add this one to pair with it beautifully. Elrick makes incredible basses. BUMP!

11. modulusan

modulusan Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2006
    love how clean is the circuit cavity....
    GLWTS

12. My thoughts exactly. All my Elricks are very neat and tidy inside and out. SHIPSHAPE!

13. Rob has the Apple mentality, make every part of what you build just as nice on the outside as it is on the inside. Quality on the inside is just as important as what is on the outside.

14. This bass has a relatively flat and fast neck. It is similar to the evolution.

Additional partial trade interests: 2011 or newer 17" MacBook Pro in good shape with all accessories included. My 13" just isn't cutting it any more. Depending on details will take as partial trade on this one.

15. Bump.

16. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    What a beautiful bass. If just the fingerboard were ebony it woul be mineĀ…great bass and Thomas basses are always in mint conditions.

17. Thanks Javi, I know how you like the Ebony fretboards, I will make sure I keep you in the loop when I am ready to post some new ones with Ebony.

18. Bump.

19. Bump for a Tuesday morning!

20. Humpday bumpday!