1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Ergo Instruments 4 string Electric Cello

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by sve33, Jul 31, 2012.

1. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    I have a 4 string ergo instruments electric cello made by Jesse Blue. It can also be used as a EUB. Very nice custom made instrument. Has been kept in a very clean studio for the past few years and has barely been used. If you are interested I can send pics and more information. I will also try to post some pictures here tonight.

2. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Price and location?

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Yes - both are required for for sale posts. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

4. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    Very sorry, I am new to this, let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

photo2.

I have attached a couple photos of the electric cello. This is a one of a kind instrument and was professional produced by Jesse Blue at Ergo Instruments (http://www.ergoinstruments.com). Jesse builds these custom and the cello's especially are very rare. It is hand made out of Honduran Mahogany and the entire body and neck is one solid piece. I purchased it 3 years ago hoping to learn how to play, but other things got in the way and this has just sat in a clean studio for much of that time and has never been played live. It includes a heavy duty metal stand that can be seen in the photo and is predrilled to utilize a strap instead. It has a very impressive sound, can be bowed or played like an electric upright bass. Can be played silently with the use of an amp or preamp and a pair of headphones. Can also be played through guitar or bass effects pedals to create very interesting sounds. The playing surface from nut to bridge is 27", is fretless and includes very nice guide dots.

photo.

The instrument was originally close to $700 and I am asking $400 or best offer. The instrument and stand can be taken apart and the combination is easily transported. Shipping is definitely not a problem. I am located in the extreme western part of New York State, half way between Buffalo and Erie, PA. I am also willing to travel to help with delivery to the Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Syracuse areas. Let me know if you have any other questions, or would like to see additional pictures.

Steve

5. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks for the updated info. PM sent.

6. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks Matt, I pm'd back.

Also, I can provide my flawless ebay feedback of +223 if needed.

If anyone else has any questions or anything, please let me know!

7. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Trades? Or for sale only?

thanks,

Richie

8. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    I definitely prefer to sell. Not really looking for anything in particular but may be open to a trade if the offer was right.

9. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    Have had some interest, but its still available...

10. vertkurt

vertkurt

Aug 8, 2012
    pm sent

11. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    thanks, just responded!

12. sve33

sve33

Jul 30, 2012
    Sold!