Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling w/ Piezo Bridge

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tnks, May 10, 2001.

1. tnks

tnks

May 10, 2001
    Hello,

$1200. Email ra6214@email.sps.mot.com if interested.

I'm selling an Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling bass with the additional piezo-electric bridge and electronics and a headstock painted to match the body for the said price. Both of these features cost extra and are why my starting price is little more than I would start for a standard Sterling. The strength of this bass is very much the piezo-electric system. The tones accessed give a rich acoustic buzz and "mua" that can be blended into the magnetic Music Man sound. Furthermore, I would like to note that Ernie Ball seems to have pretty good quality control. The construction of this bass is solid. I hope that you will agree with me that this bass with it's unique piezo-electric/magnetic hybridization is worth at least this cost.

This bass ships with the original hard shell case, which has been kept in really good condition.

I am accepting money orders, cashier's checks, and personal checks (although I'll ship only once the check clears). You pay shipping, and I'll ship whatever method best suits your needs and budget.

Thanks again for your time. Here's a detailed account of the specifics.

CONDITION
    Excellent. I'm being very scrutinous and complete as I mention the following deviations from perfection (none of which are at all obviously noticeable). E-mail me for high quality pictures.
    The neck has a soft dent near the fifth fret (you'll feel this occasionally as you play against the smooth, fast polish of the neck).
    The polyester finish has two hairline cracks on the top front (not affecting the underlying wood).
    The top layer of the pick guard is separating and lifting a little at the edges near the neck (this can be easily glued back together).

OVERALL SPECIFICATIONS
    Size: 12-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 43-7/8" long
    Weight: About 9 pounds

BODY SPECIFICATIONS
    Wood: Swamp ash body, maple neck, and pau ferro finger board
    Finish: High gloss polyester
    Color: Translucent gold (pictures below deceptively don't well show that the finish is transparent and that the curly grain-lines of the swamp ash really show though; I can send you high resolution pictures that well demonstrate this if you request me by E-mail)
    Pick Guard: Tortoise Shell
    Bridge: Music Man chrome plated hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles with piezo-electric pickups

NECK SPECIFICATIONS
    Scale: 34"
    Radius: 11"
    Headstock: Only 7-7/8" long; Matching painted headstock
    Frets: 22 - High profile, wide
    Width: 1-1/2" at nut, 2-1/2" at last fret
    Wood: Selected maple
    Fingerboard: Pau ferro without inlaid fret lines (dots on topside)
    Finish: Gunstock oil, hand rubbed with special wax blend
    Tuners: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
    Truss rod: Adjustable without panel or string removal
    Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting.
    Sculpted neck joint and flush mounted neck plate allow smooth access to higher frets

ELECTRONICS
    Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pick guard and control cover
    Controls: 3-band active preamp - volume, treble, mid, and bass; pan between magnetic and piezo-electric pickups
    Switch: 3-way lever pickup selector (position 1 is closest to bridge)
    (Coil 1 closest to bridge)
    1) Coils 1 & 2 (parallel)
    2) Coil 1 & phantom coil
    3) Coils 1 & 2 (series)
    Pickups: Music Man humbucking magnetic with a hum canceling phantom coil; piezo bridge

2. PudgeySUN

PudgeySUN Guest

Feb 19, 2001
    USofA Clifton Park, NY
    Hey i was wondering if you had a picture of the bass. E-mail it to me at VooDoo5725@aol.com

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Why didn't you just post the ebay #1432085181 ?
    Doc

4. tnks

tnks

May 10, 2001
    Wasn't sure about etiquette. Somewhere I thought I read that posting eBay links was taboo, but that may have applied more for other sections of TalkBass.

At any rate, you're absolutely correct, it's on eBay, so please feel free to find pictures there. The auction's about to close, and I'll probably relist it if it doesn't sell. In that case, the eBay number will change so, everyone interested, you'll find this bass by searching on eBay for "fretless piezo bass"

Regards. . .