1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*** FS: Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray - Retro Burst w/ Nordstrand Pup and Cobalts ***

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ynot12, May 29, 2012.

1. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    $*** More pictures added, price dropped ***
    *** I will now consider trades where I can still get some cash out of the deal ***

I just got this bass in a trade from fellow TB'er TALL&STOUT about a week ago. It is mint! I had a EBMM for many years and loved it and when I saw this one and fell in love with the perfect Tobacco Burst finish. This bass plays awesome and is one of the nicest looking I've ever seen. Crazy good looks! Here's the actual thread with his nice pics:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-ft-ebmm-stingray-nord-pup-878759/

I didn't get the original pickup with it. However The Nordstrand 4.2 pup does what i hoped, brings out the best in EBMM tone and reduces much of the annoying high end clankyness, which is why I finally sold my original EBMM. I just didn't think about my neck/back issues that force me to sit constantly when I made the trade. It's still comfortable to sit with, but i have a weird nerve condition that any slight tilt in my shoulder can make a difference and set it off. The bass simply won't get played very often and it's too nice to be neglected.

Asking [DEL]$900[/DEL] [DEL]$875[/DEL][DEL]850[/DEL]

[DEL]PRICE DROP NOW ONLY $850[/DEL] plus shipping CONUS.

LAST DROP, NOW ONLY $825 plus shipping CONUS

I'd prefer Paypal but other arrangements can be made. I'm not looking for trades unless I can find something I like and still walk away with some cash.

I just installed new Ernie Ball Cobalt strings, which cost $29 and sound awesome!

It will be shipped in its OHSC.

Attached Files:

2. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    This bass a super clean with only one very little ding, which you can see in the bottom left edge. Other than that, mint. The tobacco burst finish was very well done and balanced. It's a stunning looking and sounding bass.

These pictures don't represent the color very well (cell phone camera). Please see the outdoor pictures for true color.

Attached Files:

3. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Here's a picture of the back and the frets. All looking excellent!

I need to move this quick! Reasonable offers will be entertained.

I have perfect 269 feedback on ebay and a couple here on TB. You can count on a smooth transaction.

Attached Files:

4. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    I just dropped the price by $100. Looking to move quickly.

5. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Wow, where's the love fellow TBers? This is an awesome bass at an awesome price!

6. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    More like lack of funds rather than love! Love that burst!

7. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    This is an insane bass and Tony is a great addition to the TB community! Big bump here.

8. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Thanks Rob. Come on guys, this is an amazing bass. I already dropped the price by $100. Who wants one of the best looking and sounding Sting Ray's available, at great price?

9. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    I realized my cell phone camera pictures haven't done a real good job showing the color and beauty of this bass, so here are a few more pictures from TALL&STOUT's original listing, which you can see via the link in my ad. This bass is gorgeous! :bassist:

Attached Files:

10. jbares

jbares Ragin'Cajun Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Hey, would you take 750 total for ur stingray? I can do PayPal...I live in Lafayette la...I have 99 positive eBay transactions...my user name is hbares.

11. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Appreciate someone stepping up with an offer here, but that's beyond low ball. PM me if you want to offer a fair price. Thanks.

12. Damn this bass for coming back to haunt me!

joe

13. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Beautiful burst! I normally prefer maple but rosewood looks beautiful on this bass!

14. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    This is a killer deal - someone grab this and run!

15. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Price drop to $875. This is a steal. Mint bass, killer burst finish, upgraded pickup, and brand new Ernie Ball Cobalts. Hello!!!

Plus, you get a sweet picture of your own new bass that can be used as a background on your computer or iPad. :)

Attached Files:

16. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    So, it's the Nord pickup and stock MM preamp, correct? ....... Great looking bass.

17. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Yes, correct. Thanks.

18. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    New pictures. Tell me this is burst is not out of this world perfect...

Attached Files:

19. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    More pictures....

Attached Files:

20. gargouill

gargouill

Jun 9, 2011
    France
    Awesome burst.