Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ihixulu, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Time for me to let go of one of my fivers. It simply doesn't get played anymore....

Details:

I bought this bass brand new from Bass NW about 2 years ago, have used it twice on stage and at about 5 practices in that time. It is Transparent Gold in color (looks amber) over an ash body with a rosewood fingerboard.

Bass is in excellent condition; there is a very slight ding on the headstock as well as a tiny one on the back edge of the upper bout. I am still trying to get good pics of them but they are difficult to capture. Electronically the bass is in mint shape, neck is as new, truss rod is responsive and not maxed out, fretwear is minimal. I have just put a new set of DR Lo-Riders SS (130-45) in preparation for the sale. Simply put, it's a great bass that is acting like a piece of art on a wall instead of getting played. (for the record this is my second SR5, thought I needed more than one at the time :rolleyes: )

For technical specs go to http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/specs/instruments_stingray5.html
    theres no point in me wasting space here repeating vendor info....

Price: $950 for the bass as well as the original hardshell case that came with it (black molded kind). I will put in a fresh battery as well.

Buyer to pay for shipping; I will not upcharge on the shipping and will include a receipt for shipping costs. I will pay for packaging materials. I prefer to use UPS but will try to accomodate buyer's preference. Payment though Paypal is preferred as it will afford everyone a "papertrail" in case of trouble. May consider other forms of payment.

2. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    bump

3. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Since the level of interest has been overwhelming, thought I should mention I am also open to trades for 4 string Stingrays, Sterlings, G&L's etc in similar condition.

and bump.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  5. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    The bass is no longer available... another TB'er made an offer I couldn't refuse :ninja:

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Could you delete your thread then by deleting the first post. It would make things neater around here and save resources.

Peace
    Nick

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

No, let's keep it for pricing reference. But I am closing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.