1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Eshenbaugh J4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Phantasm, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Okay, my sale fell through, so I'm posting this back up for sale.

It's time to clean out my closet of basses as hurricane season begins to draw near. I've got too many things to transport in case of natural disaster so some pieces that have sat idle need to go.

This is a wonderful bass and I played it quite a bit with the last cover band I was in. It's got a great sound and I can't say enough good things about it. It hasn't fit in as well with my current band, I've been using my Sadowsky as my primary bass over the past year.

You can hear the bass on a live soundboard recording with my last band. Excuse the obviously artificially excessive crowd noise and other hype in the mp3's, I didn't mix them!

http://www.myspace.com/deepdownenzo

The bass is 34" scale and weighs 8lbs. The pickups are by Nordstrand and the preamp is by Eshenbaugh.

I was offered $1500 shipped for the bass and I think that sounds fair. Paypal is accepted. Outside of the US, you'll have to cover shipping and we'll have to talk. Trades? A Sadowsky Metro Jazz would be interesting. I'm open to other basses of the same approximate value, run it by me!

Pics:

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

2. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    dude nice

3. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    How 'bout a weight and scale length. Nice bass!

4. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I'll weigh it in a bit. It's 34" scale.

5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    These are some of the best values on the used market. Really, really nice basses.

6. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The bathroom scale says the bass weighs 9lbs.

7. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    PM sent! I must have this bass! :D

8. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    PM's replied...

9. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    On hold...

10. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    SOLD!!!

11. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    This will be back in my possesion next week! Muahhh-haa-haa!
    She's comin' home!

12. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    It's here, and it is INCREDIBLE! SO happy I have it back. Best neck I've ever played, and the the tone is outstanding. I spoke to Mark directly (he is alive and doing well), and is taking care of a preamp issue.

One of the "ones that got away" that came back home. This bass made my year!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020