1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: ESP Custom Shop B-1

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I have my eye on a vintage bass, so I'm trying to sell everything I can to come up with the money. Up for sale here is my ESP Custom Shop B-1. This is NOT an LTD. They aren't even in the same league. I'm not sure if this bass is MIA or CIJ. I've had conflicting reports on where their custom shop was located at the time this bass was made. It has a Seymour Duncan Basslines Stingray pickup with a Basslines active preamp. The preamp is three band with treble, bass, and mid controls. It sounds exactly like a Stingray. This bass has the easiest to play neck I have ever played. It's a little under 1 1/2" at the nut and the fretwork is perfect. I mean perfect. This is definitely the best fretjob I've seen on a bass. I really like everything about this bass, but the neck is just fantastic. There are some chips in the paint, including one on the inside of the lower horn that goes into the wood a little bit. I think the gain might need to be turned down on the preamp a touch. There is a tiny bit of volume left when the volume knob is turned down all the way.

Price: $350 plus shipping. This is a chance to get areal ESP for much less than a new LTD. I take paypal and money order. Paypal please add 3%.

Mike

2. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    PM sent

3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    oooh... cool... is it a jazz width neck (1.5" at the nut) or? :meh:

edit: sorry, i actually tried reading the whole post and see that you say it is a tad under 1.5" at the nut... too narrow for me... good luck with the sale- i've seen dug pinnick using one of these live, and am tempted to pick it up just because of that (although his was a lefty, obviously)...

4. fourstring44

fourstring44 In Memoriam

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    PM sent.

5. basstodave

basstodave

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    Is this bass a 34" scale length? Does it seem like a long reach to the 1st position when on a strap because of the short horns?

6. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    This bass does indeed have a 34" scale. The bass is comfortable to play in the first position, since it has a 21 fret neck. I've never felt like I was reaching for the first fret.

Mike

7. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Someone take it before I do!

8. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    i used to have this exact bass! dont see too many of them. does this include the original hard shell case?

JR

9. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Sorry no case, but I promise to pack it real well.

Mike

10. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    bump

11. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    traded

Mike