1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: ESP Series 400 Jazz Bass. Candy apple red w/ matching headstock! MIJ!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stingray56funk, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    ESP Series 400 Jazz Bass.

These were modeled after early 60's Fender Jazz basses and ESP did a fantastic job. If you've played one of these then you know how close they sound to early Jazz basses. The necks are a touch thicker than the early 60's J's I've played but that is really at the 12th fret and above.

Candy Apple Red finish w/ matching stock (BEAUTIFUL!). New saddles for the bridge and everything in working order. Truss rod works as should with no issues. Pots are original and have a nice cap on them. No white noise, grounding issues, or 60 cycle hum issues. Paint shielded throughout! This one is naturally "mojo'd" with some bumps and nicks. The neck feels nice and worn in. You can see in the pics the "bad" ones. Nothing affects playability. I just purchased this bass locally and I'm selling at what I put into it. I need to sell because I have to squelch my GAS issues at this time.

-Candy Apple Red finish w/ matching headstock and gold ESP logo.
    -Made In Japan sometime between 1984 and 1987. The fantastic era of ESP!
    -Alder body
    -Maple neck w/ rosewood board. No neck issues!
    -Alnico V pups
    -Original tuners, bridge, and hardware. ESP neckplate.
    -Original case
    -D'Addario Chromes just broken in. Amazing sound with Flats!

31da_3.
    BOCduqwBWkKGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBJsvBU.
    94b8_3.
    007d_3.
    cfd2_3. .
    2467_3.
    BOCezGBWkKGrHgoOKi0EjlLmUvDqBJsvfgN.
    3980_3.

PRICE: $495 FIRM plus $25 shipping including insurance in the 48 states. I'll sell outside of the USA but you'll need to pay complete shipping charges.

2. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    PMs responded to.

No trades on the ESP...I need the cash. $495 for a smokin' bass that is easily comparable to a Fender '08 Am. Jazz.

3. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Free bump for you, I sold this bass to him, it was a great bass, and he was a great guy to deal with.

4. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Lee...thanks for the bump!

5. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    Sigh, stupid CDN$. Gorgeous bass, about as old as me. Will be pinching my pennies the next month or two in case.

6. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Stongjag...make it happen and this ESP is yours!

7. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    These are great basses! I had an identical one a few years back. Great deal...

8. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    FranF...thanks for the hit. This really is a fantastic bass. Hate to say it but sounds extremely similar to the Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic Jazz I just sold. ESP did a spectacular job making the top notch Series 400!

9. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Bump!

10. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Free bump. I've had a 400 Series since the early 90's and it's still my favourite J ever.

11. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

This is sharp, it makes me wish I could still play a 4 banger.. I've been playing 5's for so long, I don't feel comfortable on a 4...:help:

12. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the bumps guys! I'd keep this ESP...but I've gotta sell because I bought too many basses at one time. Oops.

Super sweet deal on the ESP Series 400 Jazz!

13. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    BUMP// man i would but it if i didnt just spend a load on other gear.... I was just talking with a friend today about how great those series 400 basses are...
    Now if Fender could only copy that Series 400 bass, they would have a hit... i mean it...

Bump
    Bump

14. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    svtb15...need another sweet studio bass to go with your Alleva??? :cool: This ESP w/ flats through your REDDI would sound killer! It sounds killer going through my SAMAMP preamp!

Thanks for the bumps TB'ers!

Slight price reduction...hopefully it helps push some of you over the edge. $475 plus $25 for shipping!

15. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    What is the weight??

16. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Stingray.. I would Love to...I have been looking for an ESP jazz since i played one years after my old L sereis fender was stolen.... Just caught me at a real bad time... my fav color in fender styles too.. and its already broken in... that is a beauty.....
    If i remember they have real nice gotoh tuners too...
    I think anyone that would like to catch an old fender vibe owes it to themselves to look at that bass...

oh yeah.. do you know the weight of it? what is that magic number?
    just to make it even more tough on me to know my accountant would shoot me if i spent a dime..

I also think that bass of yours has a Nitro finish neck... those 400 series may be thee best fender repros to date and far exceeds anything that fender was doing in the 80s. 90s.. some of their CS were as nice as that ESP but much more $$$$. they are sleepers.... when my friend and i get to talking about sleeper basses this one you have always comes up....
    I saw Kenny Aaronson playing a Lake Placid Blue one years ago in NYC... sounded like a fender...
    if you caught me last month i would have swept that right up .. and you have a good price on it too... im sorry man.....

17. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the words SVTB15! You are making it hard for me to let go of this bass.

Weight is about 8 lbs 14 oz per my digital scale.

18. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Well gents...I'm sorry but many of you have enticed me to keep this beautiful bass. The sound is completely THERE and I'm stupid to sell it. I won't be able to replace this tone for cheap. Sorry everyone...this Jazz is no longer for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.