1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: ESP Tobacco Burst P/J 4 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Up for sale is my ESP 4 string. This is an original ESP, made in Japan sometime in the late 80's/early 90's. It features a one piece maple neck with what I believe is a very dark rosewood fretboard. The body has a wonderful flame maple top with a dark tobacco burst finish. Even cooler, the top has a tortoise shell binding all around. It is subtle, and doesn't photograph very well, but it looks great in person. The hardware is all gold and well worn in. It includes a Hipshot detuner. The pickups are the original ESP active p/j set with no preamp. Controls are a toggle pickup selector, volume, and passive tone. It has a brand new set of Ernie Ball flats on it.

This bass has several minor nicks and light scratches from normal use. There is a little damage on the front at the base of the neck where someone has attempted to make truss rod adjustments without removing the neck. The neck itself is in great condition, as well as the board and all of the frets. My scale puts it just over 9 pounds.

I really like this bass and I feel like an idiot for selling it, but there is something else I am trying to buy and I can't part with my 5's.

Price is $699 with free shipping to the lower 48. PayPal preferred. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

ESP%20SB1.
    ESP%20SB2.
    ESP%20SB3.

2. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    nice string tree

3. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    nice looking bass ya got there

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    How do the controls function - p/u selection, volume, tone?

5. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Yes, as stated in the description. I had another question about the battery. There is a control cavity on the back side that houses the battery and allows access to the wiring. Thanks!

6. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

May 22, 2009
    Gah! Want, but don't need another 4 string...

If only it were a 5:crying:

7. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    I'll bet this is a honey. :cool:

8. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Nnnnnnice!!

9. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Bump

10. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Whats the width at the nut? Great looking instrument!

11. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Nut is 1.5" wide. Thanks for the question, and compliment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.