1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD FS F Bass AC4 fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moon-bass, Apr 18, 2019.

1. moon-bass

moon-bass Up to the moon and back Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    FS - King of the 4 string fretless basses! Very rare - I haven't seen many of these around.

In excellent shape - two dings and a wear spot are all i could find (the wear spot is right by the thumbrest). See attached for pics. Plays as smooth as butter, sounds incredible, super lightweight (8.1 lbs on bathroom scale) with superb balance. All around a fantastic bass.

From the F Bass website -

This model was developed in collaboration with Alain Caron over many years. The AC line was inspired by Alain's desire to have one bass that could do it all, having an extended range with easy access for soloing and being able to produce anything from acoustic to modern electric tones.

This wide variety of tonal possibilities is mainly due to the configuration of pickups and controls (and chambered Maple/Spruce body). As well as offering a "standard" magnetic tone, the piezo pickup and chambered body allows you access to acoustic tones, and the attack that an acoustic instrument offers.

The two separate volumes allow you to blend the magnetic and piezo pickups in any amount of each, not limiting you to the fixed levels of a blend control. The passive tone control functions whether in passive or active mode enabling it to modify a different set of frequencies than the ones affected by the active tone controls.

This bass is the "King of Fretless" with a very "BIG" sound!

$3600 plus shipping. As for trades - I am mostly interested in vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Custom Shop Jazz basses, and Sadowsky Jazz Basses +- cash as needed. Might consider another higher end Jazz-type bass but must be lightweight, also might consider an early Warwick Thumb B/O + $$$. Otherwise, hit me up if you have something else in mind - worse I could say is no.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Updated trades. Hit me up if you have something interesting!

3. francoprof

francoprof

Oct 22, 2009
    Ottawa, Canada
    Gorgeous bass! What year was it built? Does it come with the FBass gig bag?

4. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Built in 2005, if i can read the serial number correctly. And yes - comes with very nice F Bass gig bag. Gorgeous bass - sounds and plays even better than it looks!

5. hugeactman

hugeactman Supporting Member

May 20, 2019
    34.5 scale?

6. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Scale length looks like 34.5.

Really excellent bass, just taking my fretless playing in a different direction. Plays and sounds like magic!

7. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    There is an AC4, and AC5, and an AC6 for sale on the classifieds right now. It's either a sign of the apocalypse or an indicator that someone is can have a world class set of fretless basses ...

bass08053 likes this.
  8. pajohnso58

pajohnso58 Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2007
    NJ
    Sent you a PM

9. moon-bass

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Trade agreed to!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021