1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS FABREGUES 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basses55, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Here is a really nice bass made by Puerto Rican luthier Pepe Fabregues. Great sounding and playing instrument with a Jazz vibe, but leaning more towards the modern side tonally than the boutique Jazzes out there now. Easy playing profile on the neck carve and the small frets make this particularly nice to play compared to other 35"ers IMO. I actually have been stringing it E-C, but it sounds and plays great with B-G as it was strung during most of its life so far. I'm the original owner and I ordered it directly from Pepe.

Specs:

-35 scale
    -Swamp ash body
    -Quilted maple top in cherryburst
    -Birdseye maple board
    -24 frets
    -Small frets
    -Bartolini pups and 3 band preamp with vol, pan, bass, treble, separate mid knob with push- pull for different freq points, active/passive on the volume knob.
    ** I had George Furlanetto add a passive tone knob on the bass, turned out great, but its one plastic knob short on the volume control, thats the only reason there is not one there. Should be easy to get one, I just have not got around to it.**

-Hard gloss finish
    -Satin/oil neck- feels great
    -Hipshot hardware

Comes with a Fabregues double bag. PRICE DROP $1450 shipped to CONUS or Canada via Canada Post/USPS ground. Will ship anywhere but buyer pays shipping.

NO TRADES PLEASE!

Thanks for looking...

Attached Files:

2. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    a few more

Attached Files:

3. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump

4. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Gorgeous!

6. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    bump

7. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump, price drop

8. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump.

Open to reasonable offers!

9. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump for offers...

10. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump

11. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Great boutique bass at a great price bump!

12. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very attractive bass. Do you happen to know what model Bartolini pickups are in it?

13. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    I'm not sure of the model...sorry. Its a while ago and I dont think Pepe and I even discussed the specific model of Bartolini pups he used. I just loved the way they sounded in the bass. It was his standard "Jazz" style pup and pre at the time.

Pups have a beautiful punchy/even tone with no hum.

14. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    SOLD :)

Going back to its home~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.