1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: FBB Custom 8 String Short Scale Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CopperheadLXXIX, Apr 13, 2010.

1. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Specs:
    30" Scale
    Figured Walnut Top
    Semi-Hollow Wenge Center
    Walnut Back
    Lined Macassar Ebony Fretboard & Bridge
    Walnut/Wenge/Jatoba Neckthru
    Lignum Vitae Nut/Saddle

Electronics/Hardware:
    Bartolini Pups
    Audere Pre (Vol/Vol/Con Bass & Treble/Con Low Mid & Hi Mid/PU Selector Switch/Z Mode Switch)
    Bart Piezo Buffer (Currently unistalled)
    Hipshot Ultralites
    THG Walnut Knobs w/Ebony Position Markers

I had this bass commissioned by Matt @ FBB and it was my main bass for several years. I've since outgrown it and it has been sadly sitting in my closet now for several months, and I've finally decided to part ways with it as I could use a little extra cash.

Originally, the pre was also a Bart, but I later removed it in favor of the Audere. Since the Audere has been installed, the piezo buffer has been out as well, thus the piezo is currently not working (It isn't broken, just quite simply not wired into the Audere using the buffer)

There is also a spare control hole I never quite figured what to do with-I do have a concentric knob that matches the others to go with it.
    I had thought about using it with some passive tone controls or have an active/passive switch in there.

The Barts and the Audere pre work great and sound wonderful, especially in "Low Z" mode.

Right now it is strung with LaBella black tapewounds (sans the plain G obviously) and tuned CGCG. In the past though I've had it tuned to standard and have used almost every kind of string including rounds. Just depends on the sound you're after. I preferred the thump of the tapewounds.

I know that custom basses, especially ones as weird as this, don't have the best resale value, but I'm asking $700 (includes shipping) for right now. I have a hardshell case & strap for it and will ship to the lower 48.

Any questions or concerns please post here or send me an IM. Thanks for looking. :)

IMG_6409.

IMG_6415.

IMG_6426.

There is a slight scratch above & between the bridge & neck pickup:

IMG_6443.

IMG_6449.

IMG_6453.

IMG_6467.

IMG_6473.

IMG_6481.

IMG_6487.

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Lovely bass man, the wood bridge is wicked!
    Good luck with the sale.

But, on for sale threads you do have to post a price, unless its trade only.

3. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Thanks for the heads up Darkstrike, did not know that. Will edit my post now...

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    pm'ing you now

5. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Bass is on hold for right now. :)

6. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX