Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FC: Katrina Relief Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Andy Brown, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I have a bass that is just taking up space, so I thought I would sell it and donate 100% of the proceeds to the Red Cross for Katrina relief. I've already made cash donations, but felt I could do more. I will accept offers until Tuesday, September 3, at 5PM, at which time I will 'award' the bass to those who are most generous. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer (about $30 via FedEx Ground).

Brice 5-String Fretless - I bought test the waters of fretless bass. I realized I was into it so when I bought my Marchlewski fretless, I had no need for this. It's in perfect, near mint condition... no mods.

EDIT: I did put some Flatwounds on it.

[​IMG]

Make me an offer. Again... all proceeds go to the Red Cross for Katrina relief.

Thanks for looking.

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Bump for a great cause.

3. Aerolithe

Aerolithe

Jan 23, 2005
    Columbia, MO
    I've been wanting a fretless for a long time now, but my budget is really tight. Could you tell me what this cost new so I can get an idea as to what a good price would be?

4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    I've got a couple of generous offers. Anyone else interested in a decent fretless while helping some fellow Americans out?

5. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    SOLD!! More money for Katrina relief! :hyper:

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Great gesture by seller and buyer.

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I nominate AJ and the buyer as the next "TBers of the month" for the next newsletter.

Great gesture, folks!

9. Oh yeah, congrats boys! That's really cool what you're doing! :smug:

10. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Yea its was a really great transaction, I can always remember this bass as the Katrina Relief Bass:) Thanks. It has sparked me to get involved in my works donations. For every 20 bucks and employee donates they will match it. All goin to the red cross. Great to see so much help goin into these places.