1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS - FCSLR '58 Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BIGREDSIX, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

For sale - Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1958 Precision Bass Relic. This is a 2005 NAMM show instrument and is one of only one hundred made. Comes with mint Custom Shop case, certificate of authenticity, covers, and all case candy (unopened). This is a good as it gets for you P bass lovers. Fresh set of DR High Beams with ultra low setup. Just a smokin' bass. $2250.00 obo. More pics here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v323/BIGREDSIX/Fender CSL 58 Precision Relic/

Attached Files:

2. If it sounds anything like my '57 RI P-bass, this is one of the best basses around period!

3. damn these things are sweet!!!

they blow the pants off most p bass's out there. for a bigger neck, i must say its quite comfortable. anyone looking for vintage p tone, or just a rock solid bass, get this one.

good luck man with your sale.

4. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I have one of these are they are the Sh*t... the neck profile is thicker than some might be used to but VERY comfortable, someone is going to be a happy camper with this one. Also thats a one piece maple neck.
    again Great great bass....

good luck.
    - Tom

5. BIGREDSIX

Thanks to all for the kind words. The neck is not "thick", at least not to me (and I usually play a Jazz), and is very fast. I had my luthier set it up with low, buzz-free action. This is a killer looking and sounding instrument and will make someone very happy.

6. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    I have an AV-62RI Jazz that suits almost all of my needs. This P would complete the little voids I'm missing with that Jazz. I'm trying to make some arrangements to get this, and hopefully I won't be too late. For now, I want to know about the fret wear.
    Please tell me, what strings are in the pics, and which ones have been on it mostly. I'm a string junkie man..... :smug: The setup and the strings are like everything to me.
    Thanks.

7. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOIS
    You would tempt me from the south suburbs..... A fine bass indeed and a free bump.

8. BIGREDSIX

Just pm'd you........

9. pmoran

pmoran Banned

Jan 20, 2007
    san antonio
    I own CZ52296, which is one of the 100 seller mentions. The neck is almost as narrow as the '51 reissues w/the Tele neck and headstock. In fact, having owned and played a '51 reissue in an A/B comparison, I honestly can't tell the difference, and I do not have big hands. Of course, no other modern era Fender PBass can compare to the sound you get from a Custom Shop PBass, so when I'm talking about playability, I'm obviously drawing no comparisons to the sound of a reissue that is 5 times less expensive than one of these Custom Shop basses. I've owned Custom Shop Jazz basses, and IMHO, they can't compare to one of these. If you want to know what they sound like, just listen to Sting's bass work on "Roxanne", "Walking on the Moon", "Message in a Bottle", or any of the other great hits by the Police. It's that DEAD ON POLICE SOUND that you get with this bass and I love that sound. If that's not something you like, and if you don't like a nice, narrow neck that's faster than "grease thru a goose", then you won't like this bass. I love mine and wouldn't sell it for anything in the world, and this one is a beauty like mine............minimal "relicing"..........which is nice.

10. pmoran

pmoran Banned

Jan 20, 2007
    san antonio
    Forgot to mention: We've been having hell w/the weather in San Antonio this summer. Either it's raining 8" a night or it's 100 degrees. Of all the basses I own, this is the only bass I haven't had to make adjustments on in over a year!!!!!! All of my basses are really high end and I'm tweaking truss rods every two weeks.........this neck is so solid and stable.......nada, nothing......no adjustments. It's extremely light weight and comfortable to play for hours, and the price on this one is several hundred dollars less than the going rate, if you can find one which you won't, and what I paid for mine. No, I don't know this seller, but if I didn't already have an identical bass.........I'd jump on this like I would on Halle Berry!!!!!

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    My firstborn is 19 months now....I am willing to trade ;)

Bump for a bass that should stay in someones collection forever.

12. BIGREDSIX

All pm's replied to. Still available...

13. Mrdak

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    The neck is 1-3/4" at the nut, right?
    echo said something about the profile, so I'm wondering, is this neck different from an American Vintage 57-RI? the 57 is wide, but thin. Not chunky at all.......... Is this neck more of a D, rather than a C shape?
    thanks again......

14. BIGREDSIX

It is 1 3/4" at the nut. I have no idea about the different necks you are referring to. All I can tell you is - to me - this is a wonderful, fast neck. Not "fat", "chunky", "baseball bat", or any other descriptive term you normally see/hear. I have (relatively) short, thick fingers, and have no problems and love the feel and playability. I don't know what else I can tell you. It's a player, fer sure...

15. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Believe me the neck is NOT Fat or Chunky, my p is a player for sure, if you own this bass you will fall in love, and the more you play it the better it sounds!
    the neck is described as "soft-V shape and a 7.25”-radius maple fingerboard "

look here for a little bit more info
    http://www.fendercustomshop.com.au/limitededitions/9275000170.php

- Tom

16. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    What is the weight of the bass please?

17. BIGREDSIX

OK, so FWIW - unscientific weight (bathroom scale) is 9 lbs.

18. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    These basses rule all other P's. If you can take the neck, you will find none finer than this P.

19. Mrdak

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    I wish you had an installment plan..... or LayAway..:rolleyes:

20. These are the best P basses i've ever played. Someone snatch this up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.