1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS - fEARful 15/6/1 cab - empty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bwoodman, Jun 3, 2011.

1. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

Correction to title of post - this is a nEARful due to not having the bracing specified in GBs plans - all dimensions are per GB plans.

For sale - new - $300 + shipping from So Cal - or local pickup in So Cal. I have not sold anything on TB, but I can direct you to my info on ebay where I have feedback of 86 transactions @ 100% - as in NO issues or bad transactions.

Mid cutout is for the 18Sound mid.

The guy who built me a 15/6/1 cab made 2 to avoid waste and I don't need this 2nd cab, since my next fEARful will most likely be a 12/6. It's ready for drivers, grill, x-overs, jack plate. The construction is 5/8" birch with standard bracing (not the bracing specified on the plans) - by standard bracing, I'm talking about a brace that runs front to back right above the 15" cutout. I've already tested this cab and there are NO vibration issues. Long story short, the guy that built this cab has been building cabs for over 20 years and took a look at the GB plans and built it the way he wanted to while assuring me the bracing on the plans was overkill - and we used 5/8 instead of 1/2" ply. Bracing can be added of course. I don't have the weight on the empty cab, but my cab is 60 lbs loaded. This is perfect for the guy who doesn't want to build one! Flat packs online are around $150, so I figure $300 is a reasonable price since it's built AND has corners, handles, black carpet.

DSC01174-1.

Here's my finished cab:

IMG_1099.

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    If I didnt already have my fibreglass 15/6 on order this would be mine.

Someone grab this!

3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I'm in san diego......you?

4. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Ooh, might be worth the drive down from the Bay area...

5. bwoodman

I'm near Pasadena - close to the GC Pasadena actually....

6. bwoodman

....or we could figure out how much to ship it to you...

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Can you PM me a shipping guess to 98032 please?

8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I got a fearful 15/6/1 in the house! Thanks Brad!