1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: *FEELER* 2008 American Standard P - Black/Maple (Pics and Video)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sigmafloyd, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    2008 American Standard P Bass. I acquired this around Christmas after about a year of gassing for a P bass. Sounds cliche, but it is the best one I played all year. As much as I love it, the timing was just not meant to be. We bought a house and the money will be better served elsewhere.

I bought it with a mirror guard on it but replaced it with a white perloid pickguard. I will include the mirror as well.

It's in great condition. There is a few small scratches (probably do to someone being careless while changing strings), and a few small dings that I point in in the 2nd video, but nothing major to speak of. The neck is perfect with low action. Strung with a 2 week old set of 45-100 chromes (still a little bright). Comes with original case.

Asking $800 shipped to CONUS. $750 for local sale (Northeast PA, Jersey, NY State)

6679981531_d6a781c2ce_b.

6679982531_a1609d342c_b.

6679983985_b635265917_b.

Quick demo video here:

2008 Fender American Standard Precision - YouTube

Update
    Here is a video describing some of the details: Am. Std P Bass - Notes - YouTube

Update 2: Would consider a trade for a Squier CV or VM Precision + some cash

2. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Fixing typo, meant 'shipped', not '+ shipping'. Editing original

3. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    bump for the evening crowd

4. tahbass

tahbass

Apr 9, 2009
    Park City, UT
    Will it come with a HSC?

5. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Yup - Comes with OHSC and the keys for the lock.

6. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Are the scratches photographable, or too small? Where are they? Thanks.

7. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    The scratches are almost impossible to photograph. Just tried. Took a set of pics, uploading soon.

The scratches are extremely thin, mostly around the bridge. There is a small ding on the backside that I just noticed, should come through in the pics.

8. soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I don't know if it's in the cards for me to buy your bass, but just wanted to say you're incredibly responsive, and the YouTube videos are a nice touch. Very cool.

9. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Thanks soxhats. Glad they are helpful, one of the perks of working from home.

BTW, I will be in Raleigh on business the week fo the 23rd, I could bring the bass along if you're still interested.

10. bumping a beautiful bass!

that chair, on the other hand...

:bag:

11. soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    I hear ya on the working from home. Same here... Will give it thought. Thanks, man.

12. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    I take no responsibility for the chair! It's my wife's, stashed in my office for now. Looks aside, it's a great chair for playing

13. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    bump

14. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Updated price info for possible local sale

15. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Added trade details

16. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Bump

17. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Guys, thanks for all the interest. I have decided to keep this one for now. I'm going to close the thread for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.