1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Feeler: 3 Jaw-dropping Japanese Jazz Basses!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    [​IMG]

This is a feeler because I am not sure I can part with any of these let alone all of them, but here is what we have:

1) A Cortez 70's style Jazz Bass, made in Japan. Lightweight, easy to play. BIG tone- lots of bottom with MP3s to prove it! Black binding and block inlays. Missing the pickup covers but I suspect any after market replacements will fit. Stock brass saddles and brass nut. Some dispute as to whether these were made in the Matsumoku factory or not, but they were definitely made in Japan. Thinking $375 shipped conus.

2) Electra "Longnecker" Jazz. Beautiful binding and block inlays, MOP headstock logo, and comes with the original hard case which is trimmed with metal for heavy use. Original pickup and bridge covers over the mini-humbucker style pickups. Heavy/solid bass. Made in the Matsumoku facotry. Thinking $550 shipped CONUS.

3) Fender MIJ Jazz bass, with E6*** serial number making this a 1986. I have seen these listed as 62 reissues which I am not sure is correct though there are certainly some similarities such as the copper grounding wire. This bass is easy to play and comfortable to wear. Thinking $650 shipped conus.

All basses are overall great lookers though as older basses do, they do have some bits of wear in spots which will be detailed in separate posts along with ample pics, should I decide to move ahead and sell these. In the meantime I wanted to take everyone's temperature as to whether there is even any interest in these basses.

If you are interested, PM me.

Thanks.

RBM

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool.

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Any interest? Been pretty quiet...

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Lots of views but there doesn't appear to be much interest so far. I'll keep this up for a couple of more days while I figure out what I am doing with these axes...

5. The609Band

The609Band

Nov 9, 2005
    I am interested in the white with rosewood Fender Jazz.

Some more pix would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hans

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey sorry for the late reply. Forgot about the thread.

Don't think I am parting with the Fender. The other two are in play.

Thanks.

Roger

7. ptybass

ptybass

Aug 4, 2009
    Miami, Fl
    I you change your mind, interested in the white Fender. Good luck

8. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Hmmmmm

Attached Files:

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Will do. Thanks.

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Though she is my prized possession, the sunburst is now inn play if there is any serious interest. Gotta make some room for then latest symptoms of GAS...

11. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Like some more pics of the cortez... Does the neck have a skunkstripe, and is it the same dimensions as a Fender???

12. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Any love for the Electra with bulletproof ohsc?

13. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wish I had a need/money for that E-series Fender...I have an E-series P in that same color. It would be so awesome to have a pair!! Argh!

14. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    TTT

15. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    The Cortez is sold.

To the top.

16. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    What's the weight on the fender?

17. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Not sure. The bass lives in my office where there is no scale. I have back issues and this does not feel heavy to me if that helps.

18. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    So the Electra is still available. I will probably post it separately with more pics so stay tuned. Also, the MIJ e series jazz is not for sale right now but my black MIJ g series is for sale so check the classifieds listing. It is an '87 and pretty cool.

Thanks.

RBM

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Any love for the Electra?

Will probably post a new thread with more pics. Meanwhile if you are interested, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

20. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.