1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS FEELER: Carvin Stack (RL210T/RL115T)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by eastcoasteddie, Sep 29, 2008.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I'm seriously considering downsizing my rig. I decided to go back to school and finish a Mechanical Engineering dergee, which means I won't be comminting myself to any bands and/or gigs. Since I picked up an old Goliath II and swapped out the speakers, it sounds amazing by itself and it seems to have all the low end I need. So I'm considering selling my Carvin stack, which I swore I'd never do (and stay with the GII being one small cab)...

Here are the details:
    The RL210T is an older model, probably from the late 90's I picked it up on ebay and changed out the speakers for Eminence Neo Deltalite 2510's;(not the Deltalite II) these are the first gen of Deltalites...which I feel are a bit of a better speaker bor bass than the DL II's, and here's why...
    Link to the TSP's and specs of these Neo 2510's

http://www.usspeaker.com/delta lite2510-1.htm

These Deltalite I 2510's have a lower frequency response (40 - 3.5kHz vs. 60-4.5kHz of the DLII) and they are rated at 300 watts each. They can take all you can give them. I ran this 2x10 solo powerd by my SVT, and it sounded really good for a solo 2x10. These speakers have a pretty warm sound to them.

DSC_0580.

DSC_0576.

I also installed a brand new HF crossover, designed for the BR cabinets. It is a much better soundinng crossover thant he original one, which made the tweeter sound very raspy and crispy. A much better improvement. This cabinet is still 4 ohms and now capable of handling 600watts. The horn attenuation is controlled by a 5-position knob in -6dB settings, has 1/4" and Speakon connections.

DSC_0680.

DSC_0675.

In essence this a a brand new cabinet with a slightly aged shell.

The 1x15 I purchased brand new, one of the last RL115T's Carvin offered before they were replaced by the BR cabinets. It never left my house and has never been pushed hard. It is also essentially a brand new cabinet. 4 ohms, 600 watts. This cabinet has the same configuration crossover as the 2x10. The stack is very punchy and LOUD. Sounds much better than a 4x10/1x15, I think. Both cabinets can be heard clearly, one does not overpower the other.

I'm thinking $450 for the stack.
    I'd prefer a local pickup, but I'd drive to meet you half way within reason. I'd rather not ship due to the size of the cabinets.

DSC_4325.

DSC_4327.

PM me if there is any interest...

2. eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I can split the stack up, i know that everyone does not have a 2 ohm total load, and maybe one person can be looking for either cab, and not both...
    $200 for the 2x10 and $250 for the 1x15.

3. eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    don't be scared...they bite....!!!