1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Feeler: F Bass BN5 Cocobolo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moorebass, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm really on the fence about this one because it is my dream bass in so many ways, but I've come to the conclusion that my talent and current playing situation call for a more modest instrument.

This bass was a NAMM 2008 showpiece and has an insanely figured Cocobolo top, ash body, one-piece maple neck, and maple fingerboard with matching Cocobolo inlays.

There are a couple of small scuffs on the bass: one on the lower bout, and one on the bottom. There is also some light swirling on top beneath the G string that I couldn't get to show up in the photos.

The street price on this bass if purchased today is over $6000. I'm selling for $3800. I'm not really interested in trades at this time as I'm planning to play my newly acquired Lakland 55-60LE for a while. Having said that, I might be interested in the right Sadowsky NYC 5 or MTD 535 + cash. No other trade interests at this time.

DSC_0069.
    DSC_0076.

2. These images are from the previous owner, Steve F.

bn5-550807-cocobolo-lg.
    bn5-550807-cocobolo-f-lg.
    IMG_1320.
    IMG_0413.
    IMG_0411.

3. gre107

gre107

Dec 25, 2005
    PA
    Bummer it's 22 frets. I could get over that though. Is it the typical 34.5" scale?

4. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Alameda, CA 94501
    OMG

5. 34.5 scale, 9.4 lbs (which is fairly light for a F Bass with a figured top)

6. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Insane top. Amazing piece of work!

7. SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.