1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS feeler: Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz NOS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doc Halo, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Halo

Doc Halo Musician, heal thyself.

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I'm on the fence about selling this, but I could be persuaded if there's some interest. It's a Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz New Old Stock (NOS) in sunburst.

Background: I bought this from Brian at The Low End in late 2007. Presumably I am the second owner, since the year of manufacture is 2006. Since then, it has been a back-up instrument and has seen very little use.

Description: The instrument's fit-and-finish is magnificent and it is in excellent condition. The nitrocellulose lacquer finish has the usual swirling, but no major dings. The neck is glossy, comfortable, and fast, and the fretboard edges are beautifully rolled. The body is extremely resonant. It is fitted with a custom tortoiseshell pickguard made by Tony Dudzik at Pickguardian. Recently set up at Corner Music here in Nashville, it has low action and sports Thomastic-Infeld Superalloy roundwound strings. The weight is somewhere around nine pounds.

The instrument comes with original hardshell case (black w/orange plush, also in excellent condition), case candy (including ashtrays), factory pickguard, and the Certificate of Authenticity. (The "tug bar," which is missing in the photo, will be reinstalled prior to shipping.)

New, these go for $3000. My asking price is $1700 plus shipping. USPS money order, Paypal, cash. CONUS only, please. Thanks, but no trades.

Here are some preliminary pics. If there's interest, I can take more.

2. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    two more pics:

3. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Two threads with what appears to be the same bass with different prices?

4. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Nope. Check the pics closer...same sunburst, but one's relic'd the other isn't.

Nice basses, both! :)

-R

5. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Thanks for the compliment and the clarification. Tom's post shows me how easy it is to mistake one listing for the other--I'll do something to make it clear that I have two similar basses for sale.

6. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    I have been wanting one of these for a long time BUMP!

7. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    With a tagline like that I'm not surprised! Bump!

8. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    more pics:

9. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    and one more pic:

10. B.Anderson

B.Anderson Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    I had one very similar... Very Nice Basses indeed.
    GL with the sale.
    B.

11. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Thanks, B. Your good wishes must be working: the bass is now on hold pending payment.

12. Doc Halo

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Sold! Thanks, Frank!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.