1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS feeler; Foundation5 string and maybe a matching Foundation4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by StarscreamG1, Sep 24, 2008.

1. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I am considering selling my Foundations; one 4 string and one 5 string. They are both the same year and color. Both have Superferrites which for the 5er is rather unusual to say the least from what I gather. So I /think/ my fiver is a rather rare bird perhaps.

The 4 needs some minor work, the jack re soldered and possibly some pot work. Body is nice, some belt rash in the back and the usual scuffs and bumps. The G string tuner peg rattles and I got a new set of tuner machines off of here for it but they are a bit smaller, for a fury. I will toss them in with the 4 anyway. Also I got a new factory replacement bridge for it. Its present one has some surface rust. Also the 4 has seen national professional tours. There is no case for the 4.

The 5 is nice, could use a set up but the few times Ive played it Ive noticed no issues with the jack or knobs. Paint job is so so on it and there are few scuffs on the body. There is a factory lined molded case with that one BUT it fits my '87 Dyna perfectly so I kind of don't want to part with it but I could be pursuaded.

Heres a pic taken a couple of months back (newer pics will be following). Its posted elsewhere on the forum too but here it is:

Twins1.

I would like $325 shipped for the 5 no case. If you want the case we might be able to settle on something.
    I would like $120 shipped for the 4 and thats with both bridges and both the original tuner machines and the smaller ones off the Fury (I think it was a Fury..it was a Peavey though and they are identical to the Foundations only smaller) and the 4 has no case at all.

It would be neat to keep them as a set and I could do $400 shipped for them both with no case for the 5.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT oops, I made a typo on the price of the 5 and have corrected it. Sorry to those who read the goofed price!!!

2. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I have decided to fix the jack and check the pots on the 4 as well as do a set up on the 5. I am willing to negotiate price but might not go down as much once they are repaired versus now. :p They both need new strings to be honest and I will be put some decent lighter gauge ones on in the next few days.

Also, they are both 1992s The necks are both sweet as silk on the these two, and being Foundations they are well balanced in weight and have that infamous tone with the superferrites. ^_^ Im only willing to part with them because I have too many basses right now and I just grabbed a Yammy needing some TLC. That and to be honest I would like an older late 80s Foundation 4 in BLACK :p preferably instead.

I am also willing to consider trades but would rather have the cash.

For trade I might be interested in cabs (1 speaker cab to go with my SWR), FX boxes, and cases/gig bags. I'd rather not trade for another bass since Im parting with these to thin the stable but if someone has a double strung 4 out there we might be onto something. ^_^

3. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Hmmm, forwarding this on to a co-worker looking for a good bass! Great deal!

4. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Thanks! ^_^

Anyone else interested? Theres been several threads on these tasty basses over the past couple of weeks (and of the 3 best versions of the Foundation the 'series' these two are on that top 3 list of variances). They are awesome axes and under appreciated greatly. The 5s are rather uncommon, especially with the Superferrites. And on a trivial note; how cool would it be to have a matching pair of basses like this? ^_^

5. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    PM sent.

6. bluesrx

bluesrx Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    PM sent with trade bait...

7. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    PM answered ^_^

New home pending for the 5er

8. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    The 5er is available again

9. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    Nightly bump.

Guys they are not in pristine condition but they are sweet and I know Im not asking too much for them. And though Id much rather have the cash, I am willing to widen what I'd be willing to trade for as well;

Black/maple or Black/rosewood late 80s Foundation 4 with the old headstock
    T40
    MIM Fender
    A double string 4
    late 80s Dynabass

even if its not on the list run it by me anyway.

Pictures are being delayed as there is a bit of an emergency at the homefront and I will be disposed for a few days so any PMs, be patient and I will get to them as soon as I can.

10. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I know new pics are being waited on but come on guys, They aren't in perfect condition but they aren't bad and they are priced pretty fair I think. I love em to pieces but I can't get over the color. Well thats easy to fix you say. It sure is but I uhh...still got that series headstock...Im being pretty superficial I guess on why Im parting with them but let that be your gain.

I suppose I could take offers at this point. I wanna move em and get something else.

11. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    :crying: I just found my dream Foundation4...I will listen to offers. I know they aren't over priced even for the work they need...and the 5string HAS SUPERFERRITES!!!!! Thats uncommon!!

12. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    The 4string is off the market.

The 5 is left.

13. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    I picked up a Foundation 5 on Ebay a few weeks ago, and I'm really digging it. StarScream says hers is better than mine, so you should immediately PM her and buy hers!

:hyper:

14. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    LOL thanks fretster. I think my 5er not moving is more my fault right now then not. I haven't gotten the updated pics of it up yet (yes I do post the pics I say I will but I can never seem to keep hitting the deadline right on my own schedule here...bear with me guys, they are coming!!!). But yea, I honestly would think my 5er would be one to grab because its an odd one with superferrites. ^_^ And I will ship this baby anywhere as long as the buyer pays. Though I need the case it came with unfortunately so it has no case.