1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS feeler: Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn P Bass - $750

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thumpybumper, Oct 20, 2009.

1. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    This is a newer model with the Lakland pickups - HOWEVER, the pickups just up and died for no apparent reason. I have replaced them with Fat Tone Fat Bottom pickups, as seen here:

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/names/fat-tone-vintage-fat-bottom-p-bass-pickup--FTVFBP.htm

No pictures at the moment, as I have not yet picked the bass up from my tech. However, aside from the old pickups, this bass is 100% original and in absolutely pristine condition. I have played it for fewer than 15 hours, never been gigged. You know what the Duck Dunns look like - candy apple red and drop dead gorgeous.

I have strung the bass with Pyramid flats and they sound quite delectable; though, of course, they haven't even been fully broken in yet. (I still have the red rounds and will include them if you like.)

I'm selling this bass because I've overextended myself and I'm GASsed; I need the cash. Although I admit, I would probably trade up for something spectacular (and unlikely) like a Rick...

There is no case or gig bag included. Pictures will be forthcoming.

I'm located in Northern California and would prefer a local sale - I am willing to drive - but I'll ship if I have to.

2. T-Mac

T-Mac

Feb 2, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    PMd.

3. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    now that's a drive... northern Calif. to PA....

4. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

PM sent

5. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    PMs replied to...

possible sale pending...

6. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    bump. still for sale.

7. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    bump. price change, down to $699.

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    That's a shame about the original pickup. Did you contact Lakland? I'm pretty certain they'd take care of you.

In any case, bump for a great price!

9. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    hmmm, still no pics?

10. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    You know what, I'm sorry about that - I had a potential sale early on and I figured it was in the bag, so I didn't bother with pics. I will get them up later today.

11. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    another sale pending...will bump with pictures if the transaction does not take place as expected on monday.

12. thumpybumper

thumpybumper

Dec 5, 2008
    SOLD!!!