1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS-Feeler, LowEnd True-Voice Preamp, (2008 version) Pics Added!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by LongHairFreak, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Hey Fellow TBers

I'm just feeling things out for a possible sale on my LowEnd True-Voice pre. $500 obo --SOLD!!-- no trades please.

Working condition is perfectly flawless and the back panel almost makes it. After viewing the pics she shot, my wife noticed two scratches near one of the output jacks on the rear panel. While looking more closely at the unit itself, she says the scratches are not near as obvious as they are in the pic itself, but they're certainly there. The pic is not flawed. I truly am very careful with my gear and have been incredibly cautious to guard against this very thing (for it is a common occurance), but whether I caused these scratches or they were builder flaws, the scratches are still there. So I do appologize for my previous false statement of "like new condition". I absolutely garentee this unit is in perfect condition otherwise.

This is the latest version (2008) of the LE True-Voice bass preamp. It is the desktop model; a rackmount is not available. This unit uses a 6S*7 tube for more headroom and dynamics/tonal range then what the standard 12AX7 produces. The 3-pin XLR DI Out is fed directly through the 6S*7 for a true tube signal; there is no transformer to get in the way of your signal. This might be the truest Tube DI on the market with all point to point wiring and no circuit board! This unit comes with a (vintage?) 6SN7 tube. I will also include a current production EH 6SN7 which was plugged in only once to determine potential differences and to make certain it was a good tube.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/LHF_Pics/LETVtop.jpg
    http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/LHF_Pics/LETVrear.jpg
    http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/LHF_Pics/LETVfront.jpg

The set up on this unit is as follows.

The front of the unit only has a 1/4" MI input and the LowEnd logo.

Rear View (left to right)
    Power on/off switch as well as the power card plug in
    2 1/4" output jacks
    1 3 pin DI out

Top View (left to right)
    1 6NS7 Tube (back middle)
    Master Volume, with Mute switch above
    Bass Knob, with passive/active switch above
    Mid knob, with deep switch above
    Treble knob, with bright switch above

A flat response is obtained when...
    Deep & Bright are in left position, with Bass, Mid and Treb all at 12 o clock

Dimensions: 7-1/4"W x 4-1/2"D x 3-3/4"H*
    * The 'approximate' overall hight includes rubber feet and a metal bar handle at each end of the unit; a fraction of the tube currently inserted also rises above these handles, but that can vary if the tube is exchanged for a different type.

From the LowEnd site:
    --------------------------------------
    "The design behind the LowEnd True-Voice preamp was to allow your instrument's voice to come through with out added eq-ing. Preamps today color the signal as soon as it enters the preamp that for the most part even when a pre is set flat you never hear your true instruments voice. I have heard over the years players talk about the live signal to the soundboard when recording sounded so good and how they wish they could achieve it live. After years of not using preamps at The LowEnd bass shop and running guys straight into power amps and then into wonderful bass cabinets like the Bergantino and the Epifani's which have a wonderful live bass tuning to them while not being colored in one area like many others do. Many guys would find out that the bass they had not been happy with, wasn't the bass at all. But the rack or cab setup. I've for years stripped down everything as far as I can so that the customer can have a foundation to build on with his bass and knowing its True-Voice with out being forced into a particular brand of cabinet and head combo."

"LowEnd True-Voice Preamp is point to point wiring. This preamp with out a doubt will change people's views on a high quality preamp, which demonstrates the purity and quality of the instrument, and give even more control to the player and his hands!"

------------------------------------

Thanks for looking everybody and let me know what you think.

----------------------------
    Just an additional posting to the previous (and deleted) thread.

mattyiop 09-29-2008, 12:01 PM
    Incredible pre! I like it over my U5 and navigator. Somebody buy this

2. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Bump this one too man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.