1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS FEELER: Lull P 5-String (RARE)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by blen dem, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blen dem

blen dem Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    $1,750 Out The Door!

I am the original owner and have had this bass for one year. Now for the goods: Mike Lull Custom P-Bass 5-String with Alder body, Nordstand Reverse P-Setup Pups, Aguilar OBP-1 preamp (18volt), Birdseye Maple Fretboard, push pull active/passive option & weighs a little over 8lbs. I had this bass priced with a well established/respected music store (Gelb Music) and the list on this particular bass is over $3,000 NEW. The bass is in excellent condition with two minor scratches that you can barely see on the picture. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

• body.JPG
      body.JPG
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
  2. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Couple more for y'all...

3. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Hard to see as i mentioned...

4. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Nice! Lovin' it. Is it routed so you are able to switch the pickup to the regular position?

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Wow! I wish I had the cash.:)

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Same here. Is it a 35" scale?

7. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Thanks for looking guys! Don't think you can change the pups but nowadays everything seems possible. Yes, it is a 35" scale and I forgot to mention the middle tone knob can be pulled to run it Passive.

8. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    BRACKET BUMP

9. I've been lucky to play this bass, and to hang out with the owner. Bump for a really great sounding bass and a terrific seller.

10. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Bump

11. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    What makes it rare?

12. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Several dealers & players have seen and played this bass and called it rare. They mentioned that they rarely see reverse p-setups on a Lull 5er let alone one with an 18volt Aggie Pre w/Nordstrands. I guess what makes it "rare" is more of the bells and whistles as oppose to a factual standpoint such as "there we're only 3 made" and so on... Don't know how many of this style of bass exist but nonetheless, I've never seen a Lull like it. It plays great too! Thanks for looking.

13. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Bump Madness

14. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    +1 There's not too many of these around. There's only been one other that I've seen which was sold at Blueberry Hill. I bought the Lake Placid listed right above it.

http://www.blueberryhillbass.com/sb_lull.htm

15. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    That Lake Placid looks awesome, bet it sounds great with the Duncans! Mine is an Alder body BTW - forgot to add that too...oops!

16. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    blem dem, that's a sweet bass. Have you noticed what the difference in tone is with the reverse? I would be curious to know.:confused: Mine does sound great. I love the tone of flat wounds on a maple neck. Like round wounds on it too, but I'm into this flat tone right now.

17. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Thanks Sneha1965! The biggest difference I've noticed is with the B. It allows it at least from my ears to sound extremely EVEN and PRESENT with the rest of the strings. Not too boomy nor thin...very smooth sounding. The overall tone of the bass is round and warm. An instructor I was previously taking lessons from said that it's one of the "warmest" maple necks he's ever played and I have to agree with him on that. I will say that on active, the bass has a much more modernish warm tone. On passive mode, it's PBass country! I play mostly R&B and Reggae and this bass knocks em both out pretty well. Hope that helps!

18. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Thanks for the run down blen dem! If you are into Reggae, I would highly recommend checking out a Hofner club. Serious. I picked one up and it has the sickest dub tone i've every heard. And they're light too!

c36d_3.

BTW are you originally from Vallejo? I grew up in Vacaville. Cheers.

19. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Man that is a COOL A$$ lookin bass my friend. I can hear some old school Augustus Pablo Meets King Tubby DUB stuff all over it! Do they have em in 5's? With the Roots and Dancehall stuff that I do, the B is a must... Living in Vallejo for almost 5 years now but grew up in Hercules/SF. I go to Vacaville quite a bit to shop tho, great outlets stores :)

20. blen dem

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    Wake Forest Upset BUMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.