1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Feeler: Peavey G-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Smurf-o-Deth, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Sold!

Well, I bought this a couple of months ago due to ye olde GAS pains, and I've decided this really isn't my bag--specifically the neck, both how skinny it is and the 35" scale length--so I'm putting it up for a feel. When I bought it, it was pretty dirty. I've since cleaned the fretboard three times (it was dirty) and the frets, but there are still some issues to attend. Since I'm not going to keep it, I figured I'd see if anyone wants to take it from me before I put in the rest of the work to get it up to snuff, spend their time instead of money on mine, as it were. The bass is very light, though I do not know the actual weight. It has a j-bass style radius at the nut, the neck has a micro-tilt adjustment, and the neck was made for Peavey by Modulus. The pre-amp is 18v, and the bass sounds punchy--almost a pick-like attack with finger-style fatness. The bass is also capable of very low, buzz-free action.

Okay, here are the issues, which are all cosmetic: there is some "closet rust" on some screws (pickup screws, button screws, intonation and saddle-height adjustment screws) which should come off with a little work, but the bridge and tuners, et cetera, are clean. The volume knob is missing and the pot probably needs a little contact cleaner; I cleaned off all the oxidation that had built up on the shaft, but a slight crackle creeps up infrequently around the mid-point of the volume sweep. There are, I believe, three dings/chips in the clearcoat, two of which are just small eyesores about 1/4 the size of a dot inlay, and one about twice the size of those, about 1/2 of a dot inlay, that is an actual chip that has been sealed over--none of these go through the paint that I can tell, and definitely not the wood. Also, there are some surface scratches in the clearcoat and a few pin-head sized dings in the headstock. I apologize, but practically none of this would show up in the photos, because the finish is so high gloss, and all I would get was glare.

The trussrod turns, and the frets are still in good shape, with light wear. The fretboard has absorbed a lot of oils, so it is a darker color. The neck is straight. The electronics all work great. There are some small scuffs on the pickup cover due to the previous owner apparently feeling the need to crank the pickup up against the strings. Also, the strings are old and could use a refresher. All told, there is nothing wrong with the bass outside of some slight cosmetic nitpicks, but I didn't care because I had never found another g-bass in this color, the sparkle green.

I'm looking for $335 shipped/insured in the CONUS, paypal is fine. It'll ship in the same case I received it in--not the OHSC, just a beat-up case that will help protect it in the mail (then you can throw the case away). I'm open to partial trades, but only have interest in an ISP Decimator pedal and/or a Maxon AF-9. Absolutely no other trades interest me. None. If no one bites on this after a reasonable amount of time, I'll finish up the cleaning, but I'll also raise the price to reflect products purchased and time spent, which is why this feeler is up. Have the tools to finish the job and would rather spend a little elbow grease and save some buckolas? Here you go.

Here are a few terrible pictures:

Here's the full monty. Notice my lackluster house cleaning skills.
    [​IMG]

Here's a shot of the body--sorry for all the smudges. I spun the bass around about forty times taking pictures. Note the missing knob and the rusty pickup screws. Also note the color of the bass--money green and sparkly. Put on some gold hardware and call it "The Bishop." Don "Magic" Juans of the world, unite! Or not.
    [​IMG]

Here is a totally unintelligible picture that attempts to show two of the clearcoat blemishes. Those whitish blobs kind of in the center? Yeah, those.
    [​IMG]

This is a shot of the fretboard to better show the color of the wood.
    [​IMG]

Finally, this shows the bridge, and you can kind of make out the grungy intonation screws.
    [​IMG]

2. Smurf-o-Deth

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Getcha bump on!

3. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    G_Bass Brother Bump. These Basses CRANK!!! Super Graphite neck with Mega-Jazz profile! You can not believe how light these are, and how well they balance until you play one. And TONE! Did you know these come with a Cirrus preamp? At 35" these tune to D or C# like they were made for it. (I use it in a Sabbath Tribute band)

Once you own it, put a set of TI Jazz Flats on it. It is One Sweet Bass! And at this price? What are you < CENSORED >'s waiting for?

4. Smurf-o-Deth

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Thanks for the chime-in. I should also mention that these basses were made in the USA.

5. pm'ed

6. Smurf-o-Deth

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Re-pmed.

7. Smurf-o-Deth

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    On hold, pending payment.

8. niFe

niFe

Feb 12, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    PM your way, just in case.

9. Smurf-o-Deth

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Back atcha, pm-style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.