1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS FEELER: ROSCOE SKB-3005

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xkimsungminx, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Long story short, I never thought I would sell this bass, but an opportunity came up for me to pick up an (subjective; IMO) amazing bass, and I just want to free up some cash so I can have a "just in case" stash.

Specs:
    Roscoe SKB-3005 #5714 (Received 9/17/07: I'm the first and only owner)
    Swamp Ash Body
    Exhibition Quilted Maple Top
    Color is Light Amber
    Standard Neck [Maple Sides w/ Purple Heart Center]
    Pau Ferro Fretboard
    Nordstrand DC5 Pickups
    Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp
    2 Switches [Series/Single Coil/Parallel : One switch for each p-up]
    Mid Knob is Push/Pull for frequency change from 400/800hz I believe

[Side Note #1: The bass initially came with chrome switches and the wiring for the Single Coil mode was actually incorrect for one of the pickups, so while I was switching them out to black switches, I corrected the wiring problem for Single Coil mode as well]

[Side Note #2: I don't know where it came from, but the only blemish on the bass is on the D-string Tuner. It looks like there are two spots on the tuner where the black came off slightly and my friend tried taking pictures of it today but I'm not sure how the pictures came out as he didn't have a macro lens.

Besides that, not a single dent/scratch/crack etc on the bass anywhere that I could see]

Comes with Original Roscoe Hardshell Case and the letter the bass came with, key for the case and I think it had one or two allen wrenches [one for bridge and one for the neck]

These are the most recent pictures I had a friend try and taking for me, but he didn't give me the raws so they're a bit small, but I have several old pictures I took a while ago before the switches were changed to black ones. Another friend took pictures of the bass for me today and I'll have them available as soon as he sorts through them and gives me the non-blurry raws.

Here are the most recent ones I currently have:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize for the crappy/blurry pictures but I'll have the ones that were taken today up by later tonight or by tomorrow.

For the better/old pictures, you can refer to this thread I created

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381411

FINALLY: Asking price is $2200 shipped/insured and I'll accept PayPal e-Check or USPS Money Order. But I would like to say no to international buyers currently.

Thanks for looking,
    - Paul

PS: You can look at my feedback here if you might be worried and I sold my Nordstrand NJ6 on TalkBass a while back as well.

PS #2: If you're also wondering what kind of environment it's been used/played in, I have only used it at church and at home in a rotation between the Roscoe and my MTD.

PS #3: If you're looking at this because you're interested in Roscoe's I'm sure you already know and have heard but I swear to you the B-String is amazing and I'm not exagerrating. The two switches I had the guys at Roscoe add for me is icing on the cake and I don't know how much more versatile you can get with a Roscoe.

I forgot to add this but the switches, while the bass is strapped and you looking down on the controls, are Full down is Series, middle position is Single coil and Full up is Parallel. Left most switch is for the Neck pickup and Right most switch is for the Bridge pickup.

2. PM sent

DIBS!

3. It looks like this bass has already found another home.

Pending payment via PayPal.

4. Sold to bpwb!

5. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    OMG already????

6. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Wow! Forgot how nice this one looked. :eek:

That was fast!

Great deal on a killer Roscoe!

bpwb,
    You should love this one! :bassist:

7. CactusmanDoug

CactusmanDoug Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Tucson, Arizona
    Hey Youngs!!

Looks like you got out-poached! ;)

At least it wasn't Databass this time. :D

8. Haha yea, thanks for looking though guys. I REALLY didn't think it would sell that fast. I was hoping I would have a buyer at least by the end of the week, but what a surprise :).

Thanks Jome, I'm really going to miss it, and if the chance arises later on down the road, I'm for sure going to get myself another Roscoe. I just couldn't pass up on the offer on a bass I got. =|

9. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Oh yeah...I just decided I changed my mind.

:p:bag:

Relax...just kidding. :spit: