1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Feeler: Trace Elliot AH500x GP11 MKV

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Nightlyraider, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Looking to see if there is any interest in a great Trace Elliot stereo bass amp. Great looking, even better sounding bass amp that gives you that 80's feel.
    2301625657_a25bcbbcc4.
    This was their top of the line SS in 1989, with two 250w power channels at 4 ohms. The channels have a three way switch allowing for Mono, Bi-Amp (250w of both High and Low pass), or Stereo operation. There are also independent Level controls for each of the two channels, along with the Master Level, adding extra diversity to possible speaker combination's.

The MKV GP11 preamp is great sounding, and is regarded as one of Trace's best (so I've read).

Largest flaw in this amp is the dreaded Trace EQ switch failure. The Graphic EQ button does not work, and the Mid-Cut Preshape button works, but you can definitely tell the switch needs replacing. THESE BOTH WORK FINE WITH A TWO BUTTON FOOTPEDAL, I'll include one that works with the amp. I have procrastinated in fixing the buttons since I bought the amp, instead just using the footswitch (which I felt was easier anyway).

Apart from that, the tolex is cut up a little bit, someone removed the tiny handle on this 70 pound beast long ago (I don't think I'd like to move it around with just one arm-a-swinging anyway), and one of the plastic knob "caps" is missing from one of the Channel Level's (available for $4.50 or something from British Audio if it actually makes a difference to you).

Its a 20 year old workhorse, and I've never had any problems with it at all. Feel free to ask any questions.

I am open to shipping, but the manual lists it at 64+ pounds, so it might be difficult to package it under 70 pounds (at which point shipping costs more) FYI. Cash or Paypal preferred. I am Paypal verified and have a 100% ebay rating, and am fine with creating an actual auction if needed by the buyer.

Price: Sorry, missed this vital part. Looking for $500+ Shipping if that's not too unreasonable.

Updated Price, ordered TE bass pedal and knob caps.

2. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    How Much? Did I miss it in the OP?

3. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

you did not miss it as far as I can see. Please post a price or I close the thread.

4. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Fixed, sorry, did not realize and will keep in mind for future.

5. Socalef9

Socalef9

May 16, 2009
    very nice amp, i love old traces with uv lights. bump for badassness, on a side not, if you'll part out the footpedal, im interested...

6. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I decided to order a few parts. Soon there will be a real Trace pedal, matching plastic knobs on the back for the crazies, and I even emailed BAS in America about the EQ buttons.

I may get back to this later.