1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/Feeler Vintage Franken Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by abalders, Apr 16, 2011.

1. abalders

abalders

Nov 22, 2007
    los angeles
    Ok. Bare with me as I describe this bass. I'm not a bass or gear expert, but I know how to play and I do want this bass to receive proper and adequate love.

I have a black '84-'86 MIJ Fender jazz body (apparently w/ an American tortoise guard) w/ a 1976 Fender Precision maple neck (1 3/4" nut.) The only replacement parts are the tuning machines/bushings (vintage style 'fender' replacements) and the black neck plate.

I believe the mid '80s mij jazz basses are highly sought after, even more so than higher American basses of today.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'm more than happy to entertain any and all questions/financial offers. NO TRADES please!

Attached Files:

2. Mesa

Mesa

Mar 20, 2008
    Holly Springs NC
    Interested. I like p necks. Price? Any photos of the neck pocket?

3. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Forum rules , you must post asking price.

4. abalders

abalders

Nov 22, 2007
    los angeles
    Ah, wonderful. Thanks for the forum etiquette punch in the arm. I'm still learning the ropes.

I'm unsure how to value this franken bass, so I'll just say $800 (that's the cost of what I paid for the body and neck.)

5. abalders

abalders

Nov 22, 2007
    los angeles
    @ Mesa

I actually just left town for a few days, so I won't be able to get you neck pocket pictures till about Friday. I will say that the neck does not fit perfectly into the pocket. You'd have to put new holes in the neck or shim it or something. You can kinda see it in the body shot I provided earlier.

I'm not sure if I'll be selling these together or separately. I guess it depends on who's interested in what. Thanks for your question.

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I just died and went to heaven.. Dream bass, Im serious..

It hurts to not have money til Graduation next month..

7. abalders

abalders

Nov 22, 2007
    los angeles
    well... I guess see how much it hurts after your graduation.

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    I doubt itll be around til then!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021