1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Feeler: Wals...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vegas532, Feb 18, 2008.

1. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I'm debating selling off two of my Wals and was curious to what I can get for them. I actually have a guy who "is wanting" my MKI, but he hasn't fully come thru yet. The other is my Fretless, which does need minor work. Full disclosure: The fretless needs the pots replaced and I'm having a helluva time getting Harrow Audio (who has spare parts) to answer my emails. Other than that, no issues. I'm not positive about selling the fretless, just putting a feeler out and if the MkI deal totally falls thru, I'll post it!

Picture009.

2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I'd love me a wal bass and might be interested in one. But you have to state the prices according to TB rules.

3. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Fretted MkI: $4500 or best offer (if it falls through)
    Fretless MkII: $7500 or best offer (I'm still not sure, though)

4. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    If you had a 5-er I'd be PM-ing you but instead I posted it in a few other places that might get you some additional interest. Good luck!

5. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Why thank you, Sir! :cool:

6. I thought it might be a typo, but it really is "Wals" for sale. Don't often see 2 of them up at the same time, or 3 together with one guy. Nice looking basses!

7. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I might need to check on the kidney store to see if they can help me pick up your MKI. hmmmm, too tempting.

8. Mastersonics

Mastersonics Banned

May 31, 2004
    Paradise!
    Pardon my ignorance but which one of the 2 fretted Wal's is the one you are selling?
    I'm assuming is the one on the right?

By the way I'm in for a kidney removal tomorrow at our local clinic, :D

where are you located?

thanks,
    Charles

9. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Yeah, it's the one on the right. I'm in Riverside, CA...I actually have a guy that wanted to pay gradually, but in 2 years there's been a deposit.
    He's a friend of mine but in those 2 years, he's been buying up other gear for himself...so, I dunno. :meh:

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I only made it through three posts before you broke my heart. That fretless should be mine.

Sometimes I wish I had been an investment banker instead of a professional musician...

11. Mastersonics

Mastersonics Banned

May 31, 2004
    Paradise!
    Yeah but life wouldn't be that much fun......:p
    although the $$ wouldn't hurt either....

later,
    Charles

12. bostonwal

bostonwal

Aug 13, 2005
    Is the fretless Claro Walnut facings? (Looks fantastic!)

13. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Yes it is, I specified to Pete that I wanted "show quality Claro" facings. I've never been able to take a picture that did justice to the grain on that bass...it looks better in person. Strangely enough, the back is even more highly figured.

14. AndroWal

AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    Maybe you should keep the fretless and have the pair of Mark IIs....fretted and fretless?!

15. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I hear ya there. Would have beat being the friendly neighborhood FedEx guy as well. I'll take the Wal on a small deposit small payment plan.

16. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    It would take a great offer to sell the fretless...this kinda started off as a feeler. I will, however, be selling that MkI if the guy with the deposit keeps yankin' my chain...I can always refund his deposit post-sale.

17. Will be a interesting thread...very nice bass family...good luck on the sale!!!:)

18. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Thats an interesting stack of cabinets the basses are resting on - what are they? :hyper:

19. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Those are hot! I've seen being them sold at Home Depot :)

20. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    Bump for one hell of a bass player. I've actually heard these played before at Cornerstone. Small world.