FS: Fender 1978 Mocha P Bass - Original

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Oct 9, 2011.

1. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Selling my old friend. An all original 1978 Fender Precision Bass in rare Mocha finish with original case. This really wore in the right places. Really great playing neck with Maple fretboard with rolled edges. Plenty of life in the frets. Some finish checking but not really noticeable unless you look at just the right angle and lighting. Check the photo-bucket album link for pictures.
    I've always used flats on this.
    Asking $1685 shipped in the lower 48. I've purchased on TB before but have no rating. I have a 690 100% positive on ebay (kshipley1)

78 Precision Bass pictures by kshipley1 - Photobucket

2. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Amazing! I have a '78 JB same color, maple neck all original. They would look stunning together! Too bad I'm not on the market for a P right now.

Good luck with the sale!

3. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Beautiful bass!!!

4. SounderStudios

SounderStudios

Aug 3, 2009
    Nice bass! I have her older sister - a 1976 that looks almost identical with an "A width" maple neck. Is the color Mocha or Walnut? I read somewhere that mocha is a slight metallic version of walnut. True?

5. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Good point, I just heard the same thing. I should change it to Walnut instead of Mocha. Thx.

6. kshipley1

kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    Sold.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021