1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Fender 5 string & parts fretless jazz CHEAP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MMcC, Jun 13, 2007.

1. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    OK. This is pretty much a fire sale. I just quit my job for my birthday present and I need money. 2 basses (not counting the Stingray I also have up on another thread) need to go.

Fender standard jazz 5 string - midnight wine
    The bass is modded with Bartolini jazz pups and a Badass V bridge. These 2 mods alone really beefed this bass up. It's strung with flats right now. A common complaint about these basses is the floppy B string, but let me tell you, with the Gary Willis aluminum spacer ball-end trick, that B is POWERFUL. I'll be happy to throw in the spacer. Honestly, it's not a 5 string without it. There's some scuffs, but nothing bad; mostly on the back of the upper horn.

Parts Fretless - sunburst with tort p/g
    This was originally an SX fretless with the following mods:
    Mighty Mite neck with P nut width, ebonal board, unlined
    Grover tuners
    Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pups
    Gotoh bridge
    New pots and knobs
    Chrome pickup covers included (I think I know where they are)

I'm asking for $300 each. I think that's very reasonable considering the value of the mods. I hope you all agree.

Pics are available. Please call me at 210 317-8383 or email MattMcCoy83@yahoo.com for info or pic requests. Please don't PM at this time.

Peace

2. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Great prices on these considering the upgrades. Good luck with your sale man.

3. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Pm Sent

4. mikopita

mikopita Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    email sent

5. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    The Fender Jazz V is sold.

The fretless is still available.

6. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    Bump for the Fretless bass. Anyone interested? Send your email addy for pics.

7. dmq89

dmq89 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Selkirk, MB, Canada
    Would you part it out? I'm interested in the unlined neck...

8. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    It's a possibility. Got a jazz fretted neck to trade?

9. dmq89

dmq89 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Selkirk, MB, Canada
    Not a fretted one, unfortunately... My fretless had a real hack defretting job (not mine!!!). Looks okay and is totally playable, but I'm relying too much on the lines, so I wanna go to unlined - P spacing would be even better! :D

$ for the neck and the grovers, if you'd be willing to sell it?

Thanx!!!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021