1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender 70's FSR Jazz Bass in Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by diptixon, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Well, here's another one I hate to sell, but am playing 5'ers exclusively and this is not getting the attention it deserves...

DSCN2343.jpg

This is a Fender FSR (Factory Special Run) of 70's-style Jazzes made in 2002-03; I have seen varying stories here and elsewhere on the web regarding the numbers made, but these were limited edition basses made in CAR, White, LPB and (apparently very few) in Sonic Blue. They may have been initially intended for the overseas market, but I digress...

Bass has a rosewood board w/binding and pearl blocks, matching headstock, bullet truss rod, 3 bolt neck plate w/ Micro-Tilt, and skunk stripe. Pickups are 2 Vintage Jazz Bass Single-Coils.
    What makes it historically inaccurate, I believe, is that the body is alder, not ash - which was great for my back.

Case is the top-notch Fender G&G OHSC in excellent condition, save some leather wear on the handle as shown in pix (see link below).

Bass is not a case queen but is in excellent shape. It has some very small nicks/rubs/dings in the clear coat that were there when I got it, but nothing thru to the wood. Tried to show them in the pix (I am NOT a good photographer - obviously), but they are located:
    On back near bottom edge of tummy contour (1 ding).
    On back at bottom of lower horn curve (several).
    On side of lower horn (several).
    Upper horn around strap button (2).

Mods to bass are a Fender mint pickguard, Schaller strap buttons, and a Badass II w/ pre-grooved saddles. No extra holes were drilled for any of these, and the original bridge and white pickguard will be included (but the mint one looks WAAAYYYY better, and we know about those Vintage '70s bridges with single groove saddles, don't we?...'nuff said).
    Original pickup cover, ashtray bridge cover, thumbrest, and case key will be included as well.

Asking $1,175 shipped in OHSC; I accept Paypal.

Please PM w/ questions; add'l pix at:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/danieljascher/FenderFSRJazzBassLPB?feat=directlink

2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    Ugh...wish I had the cash.

3. Beautiful wow I love it Love the CAR one too nice basses

4. elolomet

elolomet Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Nice bass!
    Where was it made?

5. brianeharmonjr

brianeharmonjr

Aug 18, 2007
    Indiana
    Man, that is my dream bass right there!

6. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    This is a USA made bass (Corona, CA I believe)...

7. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Bump for price drop...

8. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Friday bump...

9. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    PM'D :)

10. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    PM'2 ;)

11. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    OH MY LORDDD

12. ItsNotMeTalking

ItsNotMeTalking

Feb 16, 2005
    sent you a pm coulple days ago? did you got it?

13. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    PM replied... thks

14. i sent a pm too several days ago..did u get it?

15. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Sold...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.