1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS:Fender 70's RI Jazz Neck Bound and Blocked (MIM)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by aproud1, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Up for sale is a MIM Fender jazz neck from a 70's reissue Jazz bass. Neck is maple/rosewood, functional, truss rod works and has binding and blocks. Plays fine. Looks like it was made in 2008. his neck has a 7.25' radius.

Two issues. The g string tuner is non original. The bass was knocked over and the G string tuner broke. There are some dings on the headstock as a result. The previous owner replaced with a schaller style gold tuner. The replacement was somewhat sloppy and the gold looked reeeeal dumb. I replaced with an old SX tuner I had. It works great and looks good from the front. If it really bothers you all hloes would be covered up buy a real replacement tuner (around $30) If I were keeping I'd replace them all with Gotoh GB640 Res-O-Lites and be done with it.

Other issue, some of the finish around the skunk stripe has sunken or chipped away. I was planning to fill with superglue and polish out but I'll let whoever gets the neck decide that.

As I said this neck is totally functional and plays fine.

Yours for $200 shipped CONUS. Paypal is great.

Some pics...

DSCF0436.
    DSCF0437.
    DSCF0439.
    DSCF0438.
    DSCF0445.
    DSCF0455.
    DSCF0454.
    DSCF0440.
    DSCF0433.

2. Sifl

Sifl