FS: Fender Aerodyne Jazz MIJ AJB-OCR, Candy Apple Red, T-I Flats, Gotoh Tuners, HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OldDog52, May 13, 2012.

1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    :crying: It pains me to sell this. This is a hardly used at all Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass, Made In Japan, not for export to the US. Color is Old Candy Apple Red (metallic) with cream binding, matching headstock, black pickguard, rosewood fretboard of course, with dots. To my eye this is one very beautiful bass.

Strung with Thomastik-Infeld 44-57-72-96 Flatwounds.

The bass is in beautiful condition. There's a minor scratch next to the E-string side of the bridge, and some minor fingernail and pick scratching around the pickups but nothing serious at all. You really have to look close and in perfect lighting to see these flaws. The camera flash really makes that scratch look way worse than it is.

Note that the original heavy Fender tuners have been replaced with Gotoh Res-O-Lite 350s. Very expensive, ordered from Ishibashi. These tuners significantly reduce weight at the headstock end and makes the bass balance much better. The original tuner screw holes are visible on the backside of the headstock - I did not try to fill them because nobody can see them. I'll include the original factory tuners, which are of course as new. Change it back if you want.

You also get a Road Runner hardshell case. The bass will be shipping in the case, which will be skinned with cardboard to protect it.

If I don't have this sold, paid for, and shipped by Friday 5/18, it may have to wait until early June. I'm going to be slammed at work starting Monday 5/21, then on vacation for a week starting 5/28.

PayPal only please, unless you can get a money order to me by 5/17 for reasons stated above. :)

Link to album of all photos: http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/barnyardmadness/AJB OCR/

PRICE: $750 SHIPPED (48 states!). Keep in mind that besides a beautiful bass that's somewhat rare in the US, you're getting the Gotoh tuners, a hardshell case, and T-I flats!

DSC00192.jpg
    DSC00180.jpg
    DSC00184.jpg

2. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Parker, Colorado
    I'm interested.

Do you know what year it was borne?
    I was unable to look up the serial number accurately.

3. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    SOLD!

4. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    For those who asked about the weight: 8 lbs. 1 oz. Made in 2010.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021