FS: Fender American P-Bass Deluxe

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jim Ingraham, May 5, 2004.

1. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    I kinda hate to do this but I know this poor old P is not going to be seeing much playing time now that I have my new Bongo.
    Its a 96 and used to be a red burst but the finish just wasnt holding up so i sanded it back to natural. Unfortunately the reason this piece of wood was burst was because of a big ole knot on the edge. On a burst the outer(darker) edges are first sprayed withan opaque primer and feathered to nothing. Fender was able to hide the knot using this technique. I was bummed out when I uncovered it but still liked it better than the red color that was peeling off around the edges. ( where ever this primer was it wasnt holding the finish)
    There's also a bunge on the back of the neck from taking a stage dive one night. When i refinished it i also installed a new bridge humbucker with an Fender original replacement.
    This bass sounds and plays awesome, it just has a bit of a funky vibe to it visually. Original hardshell case is included but it has a busted latch...........550.00 plus shipping
    There are a few more pics here: http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=27853

One of them is pretty big, also showing back and neck bunge.

Also for sale: Avatar B210 1 yr old Bottom ported ...Like new
    150.00 plus shipping
  2. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Where are you located?