1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Fender American P-Bass Deluxe

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jim Ingraham, May 5, 2004.

1. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
    I kinda hate to do this but I know this poor old P is not going to be seeing much playing time now that I have my new Bongo.
    Its a 96 and used to be a red burst but the finish just wasnt holding up so i sanded it back to natural. Unfortunately the reason this piece of wood was burst was because of a big ole knot on the edge. On a burst the outer(darker) edges are first sprayed withan opaque primer and feathered to nothing. Fender was able to hide the knot using this technique. I was bummed out when I uncovered it but still liked it better than the red color that was peeling off around the edges. ( where ever this primer was it wasnt holding the finish)
    There's also a bunge on the back of the neck from taking a stage dive one night. When i refinished it i also installed a new bridge humbucker with an Fender original replacement.
    This bass sounds and plays awesome, it just has a bit of a funky vibe to it visually. Original hardshell case is included but it has a busted latch...........550.00 plus shipping
    [​IMG]
    There are a few more pics here: http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=27853

One of them is pretty big, also showing back and neck bunge.

Also for sale: Avatar B210 1 yr old Bottom ported ...Like new
    150.00 plus shipping

2. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Where are you located?

3. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    PM Sent.