1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Bassman 300 / SUNN 300T 300 watt pro tube amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by function, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. function

function

Sep 7, 2005
    *If you were one of the 105 people watching this item on eBay or one of the 13 people bidding, then here it is again. The winner of that auction was a hijacked account in the UK, therefore eBay cancelled the entire auction, erased all remnants (i.e. all descriptions and pictures would have to be redone/relisted manually), and did not allow me to access other bidders to offer Second Chances. Not dealing with that again.*

I guess I won't go through the whole gamut of description because you guys probably know what this thing is and what it can do. For all of the technical spec's I'll refer you to Fender.com's description which can be found here

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0213302010

The good, the bad, the loud
    This amp was just professionally retubed with a sextet of 6550s and given a look over by the good folks at Specimen in Chicago earlier last year (Summer-ish 2007). The tubes have less than 4 hours of playing time on them because this is not my main amp. I am in a touring, regularly performing band and I play with an Acoustic setup because I can't handle moving the sheer weight of the Fender around every night. It's a beast. 75lbs. No, we don't have roadies.

The amp has developed a slight rustling sound after warming up that is hard to place. When I brought the amp in last year, the tech reported that the PCB, caps, etc. all looked fine and in order to him. My (un?)-educated guess would be that its one of the preamp tubes. There are three 12AX7s and one 12AT7 which could be the culprit. The reason that I've never really gotten into rooting it out is because engaging the compression circuit eliminates the noise entirely. Even if the amount of compression is turned all the way down, just having the circuit engaged eliminates the rustling completely, and you hear nothing but the thunder of this beast's ability.

Cosmetically, it's looking good. Only very slight scuffs on the outer tolex and it is missing one of the clips on the back grill (the ones you wrap a power cable around). No biggie.

Power cable, footswitch, and manual are all included

I am asking for $800 for this an I'll do the whole shipping thing for another $50. Local pickup or delivery are also options. I am located in southern Indiana but am frequently in Chicago for band practice or performance and could meet around either area. Drop me a line with any questions. My eBay profile name is "killedbyfast" if you'd like to check up on my creds. I have dealt with many larger transactions (a 400RB, a lot of Acoustic stuff, Avatar cabs)

l_e75daac58626afad83dd0b9e49845c1c.
    l_66b71ae33c6069ec488096bb159b308f.
    l_7d3703433ea660243d3afa1ab98d3c0a.
    l_c259fe36e112ddb4c0756272c2d3a146.
    l_33d0cb3e1111d953f054752735eab231.
    l_2faa7addbcbbad8c6f522af751b8a72f.
    l_dfc74c6a0fe806d8ae63e27619e98ce1.

2. function

function

Sep 7, 2005
    SOLD

3. dasparks2004

dasparks2004 I LOVE TUBES

Dec 4, 2007
    Seattle
    That was quick. Dangit.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    both gone, or did you just sell the Sunn (as per the thread title?)

5. It's only one amp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.