1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Bassman TV Twelve w/cover

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by GaryLC, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    I bought this on impulse when they discontinued the amp, and bought a really nice Custom Cover for it. It's brand new, mint condition.

From Fender ad:

"Killer Fender tone pumping out of one classic 12" speaker.

The Fender Bassman TV Twelve Bass Amp carries the DNA of the original '50s-era Bassman amplifiers, delivering world-class sound in a package designed to handle the demands of low bass frequencies. With a unique look that is unmistakably Fender, the 150W Bassman TV amp is sure to class up any stage, cutting through the mix and the monotony of a world full of black boxes.

The tube preamp is classy and simple, with black chicken head knobs sitting on top of a chrome chassis. It feels like looking down at the dashboard of your favorite muscle car, while the red jewel light glows, signifying "I'm ready to jam." The Fender bass amp's 2 instrument inputs provide both a normal and a padded input stage, accommodating basses of various output levels. But don't be afraid to lean into it. The more you push these bass amps, the more they push back.

The Bassman TV Twelve offers 150 watts and the distinctive tone of a 12" speaker; which provides great low-end focus balanced with high-end presence. The tube preamp and passive tone stack deliver that warm Fender bass tone. The TV Twelve also includes a gain control--used to drive the preamp harder--which can help put you in the sweet spot of a mix. Beyond using the internal gain, Bassman amps also sound great when driven by overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedals.

Other features include "deep" and "bright" switches, used to boost low and high frequencies. Master Volume controls your overall output.

There is one indispensable modern luxury--an XLR output that lets you send a direct signal to recording or live performance gear. That way, you get the best of both worlds--classic Fender bass look and sound and easy compatibility with modern recording and PA systems.
    Features

2 inputs (Input 2 -6dB Pad),
    XLR output with ground lift
    Rear ported cabinet
    Lacquered tweed covering
    12AX7 tube preamp/efficient class D power amp
    Passive tone stack
    Comfortable dog bone handle
    Chrome control panel
    Chicken head-style knobs
    TV panel cosmetics with modern upgrades
    Controls: gain, bass, mid, treble, volume, deep, and bright switches
    Covering: lacquered tweed covering with reinforced vintage style tv panel cloth grille"

How 'bout $550 shipped?

Fender2.gif
    Fender7.gif
    Fender.gif
    Fender3.gif
    Fender4.gif
    Fender6.gif
    Fender5.gif

2. Any interest in a schroeder 210 punchline?

3. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Kansas City
  4. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Thanks, Woody! That's a beeyootiful Jazz, but I currently have a Jazz I'm happy with. I probably have too many basses, but I just can't stop myself....sigh.

5. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Kansas City
    Believe me, I know the feeling...I have ended up with way too much gear as well. :eek:

6. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Kansas City
    So, trade wise, what would interest you?

I also have a like new G-K MB150E 12" micro combo (150W) with the matching MBX112 extension speaker with custom covers and some other odds and ends as well, including some studio gear that I no longer use.

No problem if no interest, you deserve a bump for this amp!

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've been jonesing for one of these for a while. Check out my profile here on TB. I have a bunch of stuff listed as potentially for sale or trade. :cool:

8. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Tom, I've looked at your profile many times....it makes me want to weep!!!:eek:
    I think I had better just say I would like a straight sale at this point, because I can't really think of what I would want in a trade....thanks guys!

9. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    Bump

10. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    SOLD!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.