1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Fender Blacktop Baritone Telecaster "Copper classic"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by SpitfireMkI, Oct 21, 2013.

1. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    For Sale: One hardly used Fender BT Baritone Telecaster.

From Fender site: The Blacktop™ series presents a truly unique new model in the deeply resounding form of the Blacktop Telecaster┬« Baritone guitar. A true baritone Telecaster, it creates a rich sound of distinctive depth and character with a 27" scale, lowdown B-to-B tuning, and a tonally versatile triple-pickup configuration-including a full-throated humbucking bridge pickup-that covers the entire sonic spectrum from tic-tac twang to full-on kerrang!

Features include an alder body, maple neck, 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and aged white position markers, single-coil Telecaster neck and middle pickups, humbucking bridge pickup, five-way pickup switching, three-ply pickguard (black-white-black), skirted black amp knobs (volume and tone) and black switch tip, Blacktop Telecaster bridge and chrome hardware. Available in Classic Copper and Ghost Silver

I bought it with good intentions but my focus is on Bass and Bass VI right now. Its hardly used and in excellent shape. There is one very minor flaw next to the screw on the PG (see photo) and that's it. Comes with a gig bag and some extra strings. I paid $500 without the bag for it (plus tax since I buy local) I'm asking $400 shipped within the CONUS. I prefer money order due to the paypal fees. Definitely interested in a trade for Fender Mustang bass.

10412204166_781a6f4577_b.

10412352253_770b4f1ded_b.

10412196366_97aeddc4fb_b.

10412204936_c2753fdcd2_b.

2. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Bump

3. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    Damn, wish I had the cash. Good luck with the sale!

4. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks ! It's a nice guitar with good tone, wouldn't sell it but it's not getting any use. Got some other things I'll be posting over the next couple of days. Need to direct the funds elsewhere :)

5. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    Just curious, how does the sound & feel of this compare to the Bass VI?

6. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    No question it's in between a bass VI and a guitar. Watch the fender videos for each, they're both versatile guitars.

7. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Bump

8. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Price dropped to $400 shipped

9. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Price dropped to $400 shipped within CONUS

10. GolfGuy

GolfGuy

Dec 11, 2010
    Hi...will take it for 350 shipped. Paypal... let me know. Thanks, Bob

11. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    No thanks, honestly, $400 shipped (money order) is as low as I'm willing to go. It's literally brand new.

12. Wow. Absolutely gorgeous.

13. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks!

14. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Bump

15. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Bumpidee bump

16. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Beautiful and so tempting. This guitar is screaming for a B (F#) bender.

17. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    I'm very interested in a trade for Fender Mustang bass, P or J (No sunburst please)

18. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    Turkey Day bump

19. SpitfireMkI

SpitfireMkI

Mar 7, 2010
    One last shot at this, otherwise it will be off to the local music undertaker.