1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Bullet Bass - Great Starter Bass!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rb1, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    I just bought a Pedulla Thunderbass ET5, so I've got to sell a couple of my other basses before the credit card bill gets here!

This Fender Squier Bullet Bass has been used for several years, mostly in my studio. Everything works fine and the sound is like the typical Fender P-bass. This will make a great starter bass for someone!

Asking $100 plus shipping.

For TalkBass members, I will include for FREE a cosmetically flawed, but otherwise A-OK, generic bass guitar case.

Fender1.

Fender4.

Fender3.

Fender2.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I thought the bullets had mustang type pups?

Any chance on knowing what year this is?

3. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
  4. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    ... and a Tele-style headstock. :confused:

5. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    The serial number starts with "E7", so I think that makes it 1987 for the production date. However, all I know for sure is that it was sometime in the 80's.

6. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    I forgot to mention: This bass has a 34 inch scale (nut to bridge). Apparently, they also made a 30" one, but this isn't one of those.

7. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    From what I've read, they started making Bullet Basses in 1984 using left over Mustang parts, then they switched to what you see in the pics.

8. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    to clear the air, a fender bullet bass and a squier bullet bass by fender are two different machines. the fender bullet bass has mustang pickups, tele headstock, etc.

9. Width at the nut? Also, would you consider any fx type trades?

10. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    1-3/4" wide at nut
    2-1/2" wide at last fret (20)

1/2" string spacing at nut
    2/3" string spacing at last fret

I will consider trades, but I would very much prefer money because I am going to need it when the credit card bill arrives!

11. gareth

gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    UK
    message sent

12. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Sale Pending...

13. SneakyT

SneakyT Commercial User

Dec 5, 2005
    Austin
    i'll take it if that falls through.

14. SneakyT

SneakyT Commercial User

Dec 5, 2005
    Austin
    Just to clear up the confusion. The original Bullet bass was American and was a scaled down precision style body with with mustang style pickups and a tele style neck. It was meant as a replacement for the mustang. They were available in 30" and 34" scale. Then they started making them in Japan under the Squire name with close to the same spec as the original. Once Fender Japan took over standard production of the Fender line during the move from Fullerton to Corona, Squire production was moved to Korea and the new Squire Bullet (which is a precision by all means) and squire II lines were introduced. To my recollection Korean Bullets were only available in 34" scale.

15. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks for the history lesson, SneakyT.

As of now, it looks like I'll be shipping out the Bullet to its new owner tomorrow and closing this thread. However, if something goes awry, I'll get back to you. :bassist:

16. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Sold!

Closing thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.