1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Fender "California Series" P/J Bass Project Body (Loaded)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by minus.eleven, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    Metallic red (candy cola?) bass body, P/J routing, anodized gold pickguard, v/v/t controls, stock factory pickups. Side jack rather than top like a standard P-bass. Alder. Standard Fender bridge.

From a 1994 Fender "California Series" P-bass - says made in USA on headstock, but I heard they were manufactured in Mexico and simply assembled in the Cali plant. Before it was disassembled, I verified the electronics and pickups were completely functional.

The reason I wrote "Project" in the title is that it is definitely not in pristine condition. The pickguard is fairly scratched and part of it has lost the gold color, showing silver (near the p pickup). There is quite a bit of scratching on the upper horn near the neck pocket, both on the body paint and the pickguard. It doesn't look like any of the scratches go through the thick Fender poly overcoat though. More minor scratches and nicks on the back as well. Pickup pole pieces are just a tad dirty. The strap peg on the upper horn had to be repaired - the hole had been drilled out too large, I repaired it and it is not visible. Rusting on strap buttons, and bridge is pretty rusty.

(Forgot to display the bridge in the pics, it is the Fender type with the threaded saddles, and is not in great condition.)

Overall though, the damage is not significant and the body is structurally sound. Sale includes body, pickups, strap buttons, and rusty bridge, as well as electronics - no knobs.

Lots of pictures here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/37086398@N02/tags/calipbass/

I'm looking to get $175 shipped. I am not interested in trades, except for perhaps a black or sunburst P-bass body or a sunburst J body (with some cash on my end based on the other).

2. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    PM sent...

3. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I believe the California Series of these were made in 1997-98

4. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    Oops, forgot to mention, I strongly prefer PayPal.

5. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    Checked the serial number again, AMXN-xxxxxx, according to the Fender website it was 1997-1998. My mistake! So it is a bit less old than I thought.

Thanks for the correction.

6. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    Also, another correction, continental 48 only. Sorry for any confusion.

7. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    will you ship to Vermont? If so that works for me.

8. minus.eleven

minus.eleven

Nov 21, 2007
    Bass is sold, thanks to all who were interested.

9. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Sep 24, 2008
    PA
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    can't wait to get this beast..I hope it fits the neck I have!

10. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Yo Billy, If it doesn't fit your neck I'll buy the body off you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.