1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender CIJ '62 Reissue Precision Bass - $700 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by etsob, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Endorsing artist, REMIC Microphones
    *SOLD!*

I'm thinning my herd a little bit, so I'm selling off my gorgeous Fender CIJ '62 Reissue Precision Bass. This is an S-code bass, and since the Japanese Product Dating section of Fender's website stops at R for 2005/2006, I'm inferring that this bass is an 06/07.

About the bass: According to Fender Japan's website, this is the PB62-VSP (Vintage Special) model, which goes for $1500 new, and even on eBay, used ones sell for $800+. That's not including shipping, which from Japan, is typically $120 extra. The bass has a maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 2-piece alder body, Vintage White finish, Fender Japan Custom '62 P-Bass pickup. The lacquer finish has a gorgeous see-thru quality to it, and showcases the wood underneath beautifully.

The bass is in excellent condition, with everything in working order. It has a new output jack, and I replaced the broken stock one with an upgraded Switchcraft. Cosmetically, the only things I can find wrong with the bass are a SLIGHT finish chip in the headstock near the "F" in the Fender logo, and some very minor dings, perhaps from a ring, near where I'm guessing the player placed his/her thumb when playing. Finish isn't even chipped off in the latter--just indented.

Fender gig bag included. [DEL]$700[/DEL] $650 shipped CONUS. PM with any questions, and thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Detail of the headstock chip & body dings

Attached Files:

3. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    And a Sat. morning bump :)

4. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Now $650 shipped!

5. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    On hold pending payment

6. etsob

etsob Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    And she's sold! Thanks everyone for looking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.