1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by slend3r, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone, just got this bass in a trade and it's a little more than I need right now, so it's up for grabs.

I don't know much about this bass other than it was made in Japan, and it looks mint. I've looked it over and I really can't find any scratches or dings on the body or neck. Just some minor player wear from being played.

Neck is straight, and plays awesome. Nice low action as it's currently set up. All the switches and knobs work as they should. Has a master volume, master tone, series/parallel switch, a switch to turn each pick up off/on, and an active 2 band EQ. It is currently strung with flat wound strings.

It is finished in Hot Rod Red, has block inlays on a rosewood neck and weighs about ~9 lbs. The frets are nice and level, with plenty of life left in them. The neck is straight, it plays and feels great.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll see if I can find the answer. I got a really good deal on the trade for this so I'll see if I can pass it on (based on some searching I did in the forums).

Asking [DEL]$500[/DEL]$475 shipped CONUS in a snug Fender gig bag.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, sun wasn't in the right position for me today.

Attached Files:

2. A couple more pics.

Attached Files:

3. And a couple more.

Attached Files:

4. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Parker, Colorado
    Okay -

Need the weight. What's it weigh?

Do you know if that's Fiesta Red? or what color?

Are those actual block inlays or vinyl decals?

Thanks,
    :bassist:

PS I just looked up the Serial number and it was made in Japan in 2004-2005

5. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    for 500 this is a lot of bass, active/passive, pretty hot pickups, really nice jazz neck, and a pretty sweet bridge

6. Sorry, I threw this post up quick last night. Should have done some research before I did.

I believe it is Fiesta Red, that's what the previous owner told me, and as far as I can tell that's what it is.

They are block inlays not decals, and as far as weight goes looking around the internet I come up with ~9 lbs. I don't have a bathroom scale, but if someone really wants the bathroom scale test I can find one.

It is a very nice bass, with an amazing feel. Really like the neck on this bass. Its just more bass than I really need right now, and I could use the cash.

7. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    The color is Hot Rod Red

8. I'll take you at your word, sir. I was just going by what I had been told. After looking around I was leaning towards hot rod red anyway.

Either way nice bright finish that looks awesome with a matchy head stock.

9. Price drop bump.

10. Bongokid

Bongokid

Sep 28, 2011
    Los Angeles
    damn, I'd be all over this if I hadn't gone to the strip club last night!!

11. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

A rent-a-chic is never worth an amazing bass! :bassist:

12. On hold pending payment!

13. ...and it's gone, shipped out this morning.

Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.