1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fender Classic 60s Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jeffjones, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is a 2012 Fender Classic 60s series Jazz Bass. It is in mint condition, and has been upgraded with Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickups, and Gotoh Res-O-Lite non reverse tuners. It plays and sounds great. It will ship in a brand new Fender deluxe gig bag, or for an extra $75, will ship in a Gator TSA hard case. $550 shipped to the lower 48 states only. No trades, please.
    IMG_0190.
    IMG_0189.
    IMG_0191.

2. Looks like there is something odd about how the pick guard truss rod notch lines up with the notch on the body. Not sure why the guard has a notch. Is the guard original to the bass? Also looks like there is some kind of brown line on the left of the neck where the neck pocket is? Are there imperfections or neck pocket issues? Lastly the e-string bridge barrel seems really far back. Has the bridge been intonated? Thanks for answering the questions. I've heard great things about these basses and am thinking of possibly selling my USA '62 AV jazz to buy one of these instead, to save a little money for my family.

3. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Parker, Colorado
    I've never seen a neckplate screwed down so hard that
    it bows into a dome like that. And there looks like a gap
    on the low E side of the neck pocket as if the neck is at an
    angle.

Did your luthier have problems with this?

4. There are no issues with the neck plate, neck pocket or fretboard. I think the lighting is making the neck plate look weird. This bass plays and sounds great. The intonation is perfect. The pickguard is new, and the truss rod routing is a little off, but you can still adjust the truss rod easily, and it works fine. The guard has a notch there, because that it where you adjust the truss rod. I have 100% positive feedback, and disclose all issues with anything I sell. This is a very nice bass. I have 5 basses right now, and I am selling 2 of them. I just don't need 5, but I like to buy basses, so I have to sell a couple of them. I would have no problem keeping this one, I just prefer my G&Ls.

5. Sorry if I caused a problem with my question. Didn't seem like a no-brainer to me. Your reputation is excellent and well-earned. GLWTS! Very nice looking bass! I PM-ed you as well.

6. IMG_0194.
    IMG_0198.
    IMG_0202.
    IMG_0203.

7. Nice pics! Are original pups and pg included in sale? Weight of bass? Thanks!

8. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    I'll take it!! PM sent.

9. Congrats on the sale Jeff!!!!

10. SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.