1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Classic 60's Jazz - Custom Shop pups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by steamthief, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Time to part with my best playing bass - I only need one passive bass, and I prefer the sound of my P/J.

This instrument sounds fantastic - the Custom Shop pups add some low end girth and are hotter than the stock pups. Action is 3/32" at the 12th fret, and no audible dead spots on the neck.

Cosmetically, two tiny dings - one on the upper bout, one on the lower, and slight pickguard swirling are the only flaws. The finish is shiny, and the two-piece body matches up so well you have to look really close to see a seam.

The bass will come with the factory gig bag, not the case that is pictured. It's currently wearing a broken-in set of Fender 7250's, but I'll restring with a set of Slinkys if the buyer prefers. I'm selling for what I have into it:

$500 + shipping

More pics to come!

2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Where does this ship from?

3. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    PM to yah

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Ship from Redlands, CA 92373. PM replied.

5. PM'ed

6. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    I really like the looks of that bass. Wish I could swing it but I just got reduced to 4-day weeks at work because we're slow... :-(

bump

7. alo? Bumpity bump bump pm check.

8. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    deal fell through, sold my ray, keeping it for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.