1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fender Custom Shop '60 P-Bass (NOS) 3TSB like new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NeckPickup, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeckPickup

NeckPickup Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Boca Raton, FL
    Up for sale is this mint condition Fender Custom Shop '60 Precision Bass, new old stock (NOS), team-built in October 2011. I purchased it new about 9 months ago and it has never left my house, never exposed to smoke, played just occasionally, no dings or scratches, like a new instrument. I play mostly 5's and need the money for another purchase. High quality nitrocellulose lacquer finish and 3 tone sunburst paint job, slab rosewood board (see pics for truss screw reaching into board). Excellent fretwork and playability. Brown tweed case has never left the house and is perfect. Has both chrome covers, finger rest, all case candy and hang tags.

Please see pictures (I'm a rank amateur photographer, pardon the occasional reflection of images back onto the finish):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bass_pix/sets/72157633128391334/

The very early 60's P-basses had a slender rounded profile, as shown in this link to Fender Custom Shop neck "schematics" and specs (see '60 P-Bass Oval C'):
    http://support.fendercs.com/downloads/Fender_Profiles_large_IIII.pdf

Specs:
    Nut width: 1 3/4"
    Neck depth at first fret 0.79"
    Neck depth at 12th fret 0.99"
    Weight: around 9 lbs. via bathroom scale w/tenths, varies slightly each time I try

I'll accept PayPal or certified funds, asking [DEL]$2000[/DEL] $1950 OBO shipped CONUS. I'm a motivated seller and will consider all reasonable offers. I'll ship to Canada if buyer assumes any excess shipping costs. Ships in the tweed case with the original Fender factory cardboard box outside that.

The only trade I'm interested in would by my bass + $$ for a Sadowsky PJ 5 with rosewood board in good condition, preferably NYC, due to the lighter weight.

I've been a TB member for a couple of years, but this is my first sale on TB (save for one which I ended trading back to the dealer), I'm just not a super GAS-aholic who cycles through a lot of gear. But I want to build my reputation as a trustworthy seller and all-around decent TB member to deal with.

2. NeckPickup

Jun 19, 2011
    Boca Raton, FL
    Price drop, PM's replied to.

3. NeckPickup

Jun 19, 2011
    Boca Raton, FL
    Sold. Payment received, closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.