1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS - Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass 5-string Brown Sunburst w/Tort PG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Colonel Monk, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Howdy:

New in 2007 and rarely played. I'm just not a 5 string guy.

Made In Mexico
    Active electronics w/ master volume, pup blend, bass/mid/treble controls - very versatile tonally.
    Fender Vintage Noiseless PuPs.
    Ridiculously Smooth Gotoh Tuners.

Comes with a nice padded Fender Gig Bag with 3 pockets and Backpack straps.

Set up by my tech with medium low action, and slight polish of bottom end of frets so they are super smooth.

Excellent conditition with two caveats:
    1) Strap slipped off once, and though I caught it the bass kept swinging and dented the body slightly. See Pics.

2) In the back of the headstock there is a small crack. During the first year I had the bass this small crack emanated from the small screw that secures the tuning machine with the grain. An obvious mfg. flaw, I took it to the only person here in the SF Bay Area authorized by Fender to make the warranty call. He would NOT recommend the neck for replacement.

You can read about that in this thread.

I was pissed and stormed out, the cheap basssstard. Mainly I was not worried about the integrity of the neck, but that this bass was brand new and the crack had just appeared... Fast forward, I got it out of my closet last month and took it to my tech to evaluate the crack to prep it for sale. He concurred that it in no way affects the integrity of the neck and is just a cosmetic blemish. He pushed some glue in the crack which improves the blemish and ensures it shouldn't travel further.

So I'm being upfront about these two small issues, but I can assure you that other than this it is beautiful and scratch free and plays great.

Stay tuned for some pictures.

These sell for $750 at Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, ETC.

I'm asking for $550 shipped CONUS. I have the original packaging the bass was shipped in.

2. Sorry about the pics but resizing wrecks the colors.

PM me email address if you want better pics.

IMG_0221.

IMG_0222.

3. Do you still have this? I'm curious about the tension on the G with the in-line five headstock.